Fitness journey

I wanted to give everyone an update. I’ve definitely gotten worse over the last few months for pain. It seems like the more I try to exercise, the more I hurt.

Monday, my wife and I went to the best Orthopedic doctor in Northern Colorado. He looked at the X-rays and said there wasn’t any red flags for him. However, he does see the variety of issues I have like hip pain, hand numbness, headaches and a few minor things as being real issues, just not all related.

The plan is to start physical therapy next Thursday. I’m also getting an MRI done soon. The schedulers have called and I didn’t catch them before their offices closed.

I’m doing what I can to exercise with the pain. Like yesterday, I went for a walk and that hurt. So, I went to the Y and went swimming. Then, I sat in my neighbor’s hot tub.

I also go to the Dermatologist on Friday to figure out my red face issues. I’ve swapped sun screen and added a new moisturizer. TBD on that issue.

It is most likely the place I’m at now is due to putting off issues over the years. Now those issues are ganging up on me. THOSE BASTARDS!! LOL. Trying to keep my spirits high.

Tim,

Hang in there Brother. I am praying for you. Things will get better. I just started PT a week ago and it seems to be helping me recover from surgery. I wish you the best and please keep us updated.

Eric

Just a quick update. This week is going to be pretty big. I start physical therapy on Monday, an MRI on Wednesday then I end with my chiro on Thursday. I talked with my chiropractor today since he’s my neighbor. I think I’ll visit him one more time and then focus on physical therapy unless the MRI shows something.

I’ve felt like crap since getting back from San Diego that’s for sure. I actually fell asleep twice yesterday on the porch watching golf. I also struggled to wake up this morning. I sat in the hot tub today.

I’m hoping physical therapy guy has a good plan. I’m also strongly considering getting a cortisone shot in my hips since I have another long work trip next week.

Just a quick update. This week is going to be pretty big. I start physical therapy on Monday, an MRI on Wednesday then I end with my chiro on Thursday. I talked with my chiropractor today since he’s my neighbor. I think I’ll visit him one more time and then focus on physical therapy unless the MRI shows something.

I’ve felt like crap since getting back from San Diego that’s for sure. I actually fell asleep twice yesterday on the porch watching golf. I also struggled to wake up this morning. I sat in the hot tub today.

I’m hoping physical therapy guy has a good plan. I’m also strongly considering getting a cortisone shot in my hips since I have another long work trip next week.
I'm praying that the MRI is neg. and that PT will help you get better. thank you for your hard work in SD great info. and I even got a little excited about the possibility of the tundra upgrades. and I'll tell you if the trail hunter comes out in 26 I just might wait on a truck and get that one. I love that trim. good luck Tim

PT guy looked me over and said, “I had the same damn problem about a decade ago.”

Basically I have several muscles that are so tight, they won’t relax. He started me on 8 treatments of dry needling and some home exercises. The tight muscles explain literally all of my issues.

MRI next to confirm what doctors have said.

PT guy looked me over and said, “I had the same damn problem about a decade ago.”

Basically I have several muscles that are so tight, they won’t relax. He started me on 8 treatments of dry needling and some home exercises. The tight muscles explain literally all of my issues.

MRI next to confirm what doctors have said.
Have you thought of acupuncture treatments. I had really bad sciatica once and after 2 acupuncture treatments I was good as new.

So, MRI today. I have a bone spur in my C5 vertebrae. It could or couldn’t not be contributing to pain. The doctor wasn’t quite convinced either way. With most things it wasn’t cut and dry.

Physical therapy for now, a steroid shot into the neck if that doesn’t help and surgery as a last resort.

The doctor admitted this may just be a life-long pain management thing. Not liking that answer.

So, MRI today. I have a bone spur in my C5 vertebrae. It could or couldn’t not be contributing to pain. The doctor wasn’t quite convinced either way. With most things it wasn’t cut and dry.

Physical therapy for now, a steroid shot into the neck if that doesn’t help and surgery as a last resort.

The doctor admitted this may just be a life-long pain management thing. Not liking that answer.
So next time you visit your chiropractor don’t let them rapid twist your neck. I had that done to me and it freaked me out so bad that I never went back.

Today, I had my neck done for the first time with dry needling. All I can say is I don't love that treatment, but man did it show how tight my neck muscles are! Also, I can barely raise my arm above my shoulders as I type this. Glad I have the job I do because I'm taking some time off today!
Not me in the pic. Dry needling is like acupuncture with electrical impulses.

dry_needling_neck_emery_physical_therapy.jpg

so when I was injured at work back in July of last year I was sent to the nerve doctor. she did several test because she found that I had bone spurs from my c1 to c5 and the nerve canal from c6 to c7 where closing on the nerves and causing a lot of pain. she told me that she wouldn't do anything to my neck with the bone spurs and if any doctor say they will there full of shit. so I have to live with the pain. so it came down to what she was going to do with the nerve pain. thats when I had surgery back on the 15th of March to repair the canal where the nerves run its helped me with that but the pain in the back of the neck and the upper back is still killing me. with the neck not being fixed I may have to give up my CDL and stop driving truck and find another job that sucks big time I have been driving since 09. so when I say I feel your pain brother I feel your pain. good luck and I hope you get better soon

Dry needle didn’t work for me, hopefully you’ll have better results. Worst case is you eliminate it as an option and move on to the next form of treatment. That was the most frustrating part of my PT. The first 4 months we were just trying different things. Once we hit on what worked for me, essentially stretching and a cross fit routine, I was back in good form with in two months.

Back