2025 Ram 1500 coverage

BTW, the channel had its best day in a while. Thanks everyone for watching.
View attachment 215
A lot of channels are fancy and cover a gamut of vehicles, skating around the ice, doing no look passes, back hand shots, tips in the crease and variations on the "Michigan" and "Zorro" goals.

When it comes to full size pickups though, Tim is like the Great 8 on the top of the left face off circle, hammering one timers for goals with incredible consistency.

PR is going to ask for a preliminary list of questions. Type them up and I'll send it over on Monday. It is 5 pm in Michigan and I guarantee you Ram PR is off for the weekend after spending 2+ weeks in Texas.

This is what I have right now but depending on your feedback and further thoughts over the weekend I could/might change it?
Interested in your comments, I tried to stay neutral even though I do have my own opinion, and tried to present all the theories and myth as fairly and respectfully as possible. There is more that could be said but honestly I doubt this will even make it to his desk if you have to go through PR first and I also suspect he is not at liberty to discuss any/most of this either. But worth a shot! Been wanting to ask these questions for a lonnngggg while now.

Attachments

• hemi questions.odf.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 9
Ok, video #6. I’ve lost count. Zonked. No more videos until tomorrow if I feel up to it.

Which One You'd Buy? 2025 Ram 1500 Limited vs 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten
One note to share. Not sure when they started this, but my 2022 Laramie has the fog light illuminate the side you are turning too. It happens with or without the turn signal being used. Very cool feature. Just pointed it out to my son who joined me tonight for an errand. Actually does a pretty good job of adding some extra light off to the side.

Between the Limited and Tungsten, I'm stuck on not getting a separate steel bumper on the Tungsten trim. I know my "painted" steel bumper seems to get plenty of rock chips which sucks (go chrome). I'm guessing the Tungsten bumper (like my Jeep Grand Cherokee) will not get too many rock chips. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just wondering if a guy might be able to swap out the Tungsten front uni-bumper for a standard bumper, plus the extra metal trim under the headlight. :unsure:

This is what I have right now but depending on your feedback and further thoughts over the weekend I could/might change it?
Interested in your comments, I tried to stay neutral even though I do have my own opinion, and tried to present all the theories and myth as fairly and respectfully as possible. There is more that could be said but honestly I doubt this will even make it to his desk if you have to go through PR first and I also suspect he is not at liberty to discuss any/most of this either. But worth a shot! Been wanting to ask these questions for a lonnngggg while now.
Seems like a great collection of questions. I’ll see what I can find out. I’ll email it in and make a phone call too. I’m curious since the engine is now done if the frozen lake has thawed on talking about it if you get the analogy.

One note to share. Not sure when they started this, but my 2022 Laramie has the fog light illuminate the side you are turning too. It happens with or without the turn signal being used. Very cool feature. Just pointed it out to my son who joined me tonight for an errand. Actually does a pretty good job of adding some extra light off to the side.

Between the Limited and Tungsten, I'm stuck on not getting a separate steel bumper on the Tungsten trim. I know my "painted" steel bumper seems to get plenty of rock chips which sucks (go chrome). I'm guessing the Tungsten bumper (like my Jeep Grand Cherokee) will not get too many rock chips. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just wondering if a guy might be able to swap out the Tungsten front uni-bumper for a standard bumper, plus the extra metal trim under the headlight. :unsure:
Sadly, I didn’t look that close at the bumper.

It did the same thing in a 2020 I hd. I'm sure they added it in the 2019 release.

Engine design is complex, time consuming and costly. I worked with GM engineers, physicists, material scientists and bean counters for five years at the GM Pontiac Powertrain Division on one small aspect of an engine. Part of the R&D was a process known as High-Velocity Oxy-fuel which is a process in the same realm as the Plasma Spray process. I was a consultant that had a 5 million dollar grant to help the GM staff with this development project. GM invested 15 million dollars in developing a pilot facility whose initial customer was the Saturn but was eventually used in Corvettes.
The point of this diatribe is that when Tim interviewed the lead engineer for the LZ0 diesel (John Berta) I believed in what he was saying about the changes made to the LM2 and how those changes made the LZ0 a better more efficient engine. The engineers and scientists that I worked with did a lot of fundamental science and didn’t cut corners in coming up with a process that in the end was very stout. They certainly stood behind their work.

This. I have always worked with engineers and mostly managed them. When they are good, they are absolutely amazing. I constantly listen to them because they truly know their stuff. Forums? Yeah, we're all a bunch of armchair engineers. Ten of us talk back and forth like it makes sense and applies to the millions of trucks on the road...lol Meanwhile, the engineers read it and just shake their heads.

I for one have owned and operated a Hemi since 2006. Three total. And I have no problem switching to a I6. I'd love it! Because I love new tech. Why not? It's what drew me to the Hemi in the first place. This new I^ could be the next Hemi!

This. I have always worked with engineers and mostly managed them. When they are good, they are absolutely amazing. I constantly listen to them because they truly know their stuff. Forums? Yeah, we're all a bunch of armchair engineers. Ten of us talk back and forth like it makes sense and applies to the millions of trucks on the road...lol Meanwhile, the engineers read it and just shake their heads.

I for one have owned and operated a Hemi since 2006. Three total. And I have no problem switching to a I6. I'd love it! Because I love new tech. Why not? It's what drew me to the Hemi in the first place. This new I^ could be the next Hemi!
Full disclosure, I had a 2002 Bravada (original owner) we kept until late last year and with 145K miles and 21 years of service, the Atlas 4.2L LL8 I-6 never failed us...Other parts went on the car and she liked to leak oil from the cam cover, but a great engine.

We still have a 2014 Volvo S60 T6 with a transverse mounted, SI6 (inline 6) engine, one of the last Volvo engines made in Ford's Bridgend UK factory. No DI but it has a singe turbo (Borg Warner) and in keeping with Volvo's philosophy, is pretty low pressure. Third owners (second was the son) and no problems up to 73K miles.

So I like and have drove I-6s, but my YT good/bad algorithm redeemed itself and sent me this:

Time stamp is 15:40. This mechanic has some real reservations about the longevity of the SST HO with the amount of boost it will needing to make power. He is a Toyota guy, so safe to assume it may be more that the Tundra 3.4 (marketed as 3.5) engine and I am not sure about the EcoBoost pressure in the the Raptor, but this does give the I-6 admirer in me some pause.

My concerns with the SST HO would be if they they have also upgraded the capability's of the front differential ,driveshafts, CV"s, rear differential and the ZF trans ?

My concerns with the SST HO would be if they they have also upgraded the capability's of the front differential ,driveshafts, CV"s, rear differential and the ZF trans ?

Considering the massive amounts of power they have been using in the past with super charged hemis getting anywhere from 700 hp to 1000+ hp, this is the least of my concerns.

The TRX will destroy this little HO, their drivetrains have seen much more before. The ZF in all its variations is rock solid as well.

Considering the massive amounts of power they have been using in the past with super charged hemis getting anywhere from 700 hp to 1000+ hp, this is the least of my concerns.

The TRX will destroy this little HO, their drivetrains have seen much more before. The ZF in all its variations is rock solid as well.
So the TRX has the same drive line as the 5.7 ? or did they go full time 4X4 like they did in the 392 Wrangler ?

So the TRX has the same drive line as the 5.7 ? or did they go full time 4X4 like they did in the 392 Wrangler ?

I wrote that poorly, they use variations of the ZF + transfer case + rear diffs etc across their product line. I was suggesting that they have a lot of experience with much more powerful hemi engines without destroying the drivetrain so I'm not worried about them getting that right with a smaller engine. It's not been a weakness in other products of theirs.

Back