The truth about 2024 Tacoma transmissions failing

I hope so too! I was talking with a family friend last night and he was saying someone he talked with had already had 3 transmissions in his new Tacoma and while that's possible I suppose I have not seen anything like that thus far and that's how I replied. I do hope that Toyota and their suppliers have figured out how to manufacture their vehicles without getting debris in them now though! It is unfortunate as these types of things, as @testerdahl has said before lead to people talking about how turbo engines are crap, but it has nothing to do with that. That same family friend was like well the turbo.... and I was like it's the transmission we are talking about here not the engine and maybe they just have too much torque, but that's a different issue. So it's just unfortunate, because in terms of driving, Toyota really did a great job addressing the issues from the 3rd gen.
Those people can be annoying.

So now you're driving your Tacoma like I drive my Sierra, you're waiting for the tranny to go and I'm waiting for the lifters to stop lifting. Luckily I did buy a good extended warranty for 125k miles or something around there. That was mainly for electronics but it covers everything and AAA will take care of me from the roadside perspective.

Those people can be annoying.

So now you're driving your Tacoma like I drive my Sierra, you're waiting for the tranny to go and I'm waiting for the lifters to stop lifting. Luckily I did buy a good extended warranty for 125k miles or something around there. That was mainly for electronics but it covers everything and AAA will take care of me from the roadside perspective.
Super smart idea. In the future, I’m not afraid of engine repair costs, it’s the electronics and screens that concern me.

Back