Trailhunter and TRD Pro pricing

Maybe but if price was the only thing, why even pay the $57K when a ZR2 is $48K? An argument can be made you get more with the Ford. Same argument could be made for the Pro.
All depends on what you want. ZR2 might be enough for some people. Others might want the Bison. Either way, better value in my eyes than TRD Pro.. Ranger Raptor is the best value to me. Just my opinion, which isn’t much. So be it.

All depends on what you want. ZR2 might be enough for some people. Others might want the Bison. Either way, better value in my eyes than TRD Pro.. Ranger Raptor is the best value to me. Just my opinion, which isn’t much. So be it.

It would be really cool to see an actual breakdown of the ZR2, AT4X, Raptor, TRD Pro and Trail Hunter. All included items, safety, options, specs, measurements, capacities etc.

Here are the MSRPs
ZR2 - $48,395 incl Destination ($1,595)
AT4X - $55,895 incl Destination ($1,595)
Raptor - $57,065 incl Destination ($1,595}
TRD TH - $64,395 incl Destintion ($1,495)
TRD Pro - $65,300 incl Destintion ($1,495)

Chevy LT Trail Boss, GMC SLT, F-150 Tremor, Tundra Limited iForce Max (Hybrid) all Crew cab 4x4 for the same price or less (much less) than the Tacoma TRD Pro.

This just isn't making sense to me.

Last edited:
Chevy LT Trail Boss, GMC SLT, F-150 Tremor, Tundra Limited iForce Max (Hybrid) all Crew cab 4x4 for the same price or less (much less) than the Tacoma TRD Pro.

This just isn't making sense to me.
Sure, but how well are they equipped? There is such a split from an entry level to a top model across all brands. The Tremor starts at $68K but add the one package that includes heated seats, tow pack, 360 cameras and you're at $80k. The Rebel is probably $75k. Hell, Tim's Big Horn is $70k. Those used to be under $50k just 5 years ago. No doubt the Pro is expensive as hell, I just don't see it being any crazier than a TRX or Raptor R. In a way, it is like those two for the mid-sizes.

Sure, but how well are they equipped? There is such a split from an entry level to a top model across all brands. The Tremor starts at $68K but add the one package that includes heated seats, tow pack, 360 cameras and you're at $80k. The Rebel is probably $75k. Hell, Tim's Big Horn is $70k. Those used to be under $50k just 5 years ago. No doubt the Pro is expensive as hell, I just don't see it being any crazier than a TRX or Raptor R. In a way, it is like those two for the mid-sizes.

I don't disagree if the TRD Pro was like a Raptor R or TRX, but that's the rub. It's not, never has been and it's not close. Even in this generation capability-wise it's beat by the dual locking trucks or the customizability of the Raptor.

I'm mean if you chose the Tacoma or ZR2 you'd have to choose a new forum named, right? 😂

I don't disagree if the TRD Pro was like a Raptor R or TRX, but that's the rub. It's not, never has been and it's not close. Even in this generation capability-wise it's beat by the dual locking trucks or the customizability of the Raptor.
True enough but they are $50K more! I think I can add a front locker for that price. But once again, these are all exotics that only a very few will ever utilize as designed. Really nowhere around me would any of those be good. Trails are too tight and slow. Now a Rubicon or a Power-Wagon makes the most sense to me. Won't get anywhere fast but they will get there.....

What got me was when someone pointed out that the Tundra Pro increased in price about $20K from 2019 to now. And the new Taco Pro increased about $20K from 2019 to now. Once again, nothing really surprising.

You can now configure a Tacoma Hybrid online. I thought the iso seats were optional on the TRD-Pro but on the configurator they are all standard?

Last edited:
Yeah I was wrong they are standard. Wow that’s a huge disappointment.
Well, that explains some of that pricing....lol Like I said before, you wanna sit in the back? Better hand the keys Jill then.....

Come on Toyota, be sensible.....a rear seat delete option is needed!!

At what point does the consumer NOT purchase these expensive trucks anymore? The manufacturers keep building them and people keep buying them. Are some buyers taking out a mortgage instead of a car loan? It really is incredible.

At what point does the consumer NOT purchase these expensive trucks anymore? The manufacturers keep building them and people keep buying them. Are some buyers taking out a mortgage instead of a car loan? It really is incredible.

The TRX and Raptor R are both over $110K. And yet they couldn't keep them on the lots......so no time soon unfortunately.

This $65K truck with suspension seats? A friggin' relative bargain. Think of how fast they can hit the speed bumps at the mall now!!!

The TRX and Raptor R are both over $110K. And yet they couldn't keep them on the lots......so no time soon unfortunately.

This $65K truck with suspension seats? A friggin' relative bargain. Think of how fast they can hit the speed bumps at the mall now!!!
Don't lose sight of the supply/demand issue with the Raptor and TRX, they're not producing them in nearly as many numbers as the mid-level trucks. Part of their game is to make it seem like they can't keep them on the lot. Scarcity drives demand and drives the price up. I know Toyota limits the TRD Pro production but in comparison to the Raptor or TRX I see significantly more TRD Pros on the road in my neck of the woods.

Don't lose sight of the supply/demand issue with the Raptor and TRX, they're not producing them in nearly as many numbers as the mid-level trucks. Part of their game is to make it seem like they can't keep them on the lot. Scarcity drives demand and drives the price up. I know Toyota limits the TRD Pro production but in comparison to the Raptor or TRX I see significantly more TRD Pros on the road in my neck of the woods.
I feel like I see Raptors more than any other top tier truck, but that could be because they have been around so long too. But you are in the PNW, Tacoma and Subaru heaven.

Oh of course.....the final production numbers will be much lower than say an XLT/Big Horn. Just the point that they are not sitting there unsold. The Pros will be low production as well but will also sell just as fast.

Yeah I know, it's a bit strange with the sport, but the $3700 was inline with what I expected it to be. Is it that the sport gets multi link suspension as standard on the hybrid maybe? I remember is the base sport was leaf spring or not.

Ben, have you checked out the new Toyota build sheet for the hybrids? Very similar to Ford's software but it seems so much better than the one used for the non-hybrid.

I did, yes. It makes pretty much 0 sense that they have two different experiences for build and price. It is definitely better, but I feel like some things are missing in the hybrids like the spray in bed liner. Maybe they'll update the whole site or maybe you can "order" a Toyota for the first time? 🤔

I did, yes. It makes pretty much 0 sense that they have two different experiences for build and price. It is definitely better, but I feel like some things are missing in the hybrids like the spray in bed liner. Maybe they'll update the whole site or maybe you can "order" a Toyota for the first time? 🤔
That's what I'm guessing. The beta is the Hybrids and then it'll migrate to all of the website.

Price available now here in Québec, Canada... ouch!

Trailhunter : $85901.50 before the 14.975% provincial and federal taxes for a nice total of $98765
TRD PRO : $79941.50 before the 14.975% provincial and federal taxes for a nice total of $91912

7.28% finance and 8,19% on lease

Not sure if we will be seeing many around here....

Just the regular ones, there are a few on each dealer's lots ready for sale, waiting for customers.

Back