Trailhunter and TRD Pro pricing

I'm seeing/hearing dealers in the US already pretty heavily discounting the TRD-OR and Sport. Quarterly sales are hard to decode beacuse of the new model year but sales for the Tacoma were down huge in 1st qtr.

Price available now here in Québec, Canada... ouch!

Trailhunter : $85901.50 before the 14.975% provincial and federal taxes for a nice total of $98765
TRD PRO : $79941.50 before the 14.975% provincial and federal taxes for a nice total of $91912

7.28% finance and 8,19% on lease

Not sure if we will be seeing many around here....

Just the regular ones, there are a few on each dealer's lots ready for sale, waiting for customers.
Wow that's crazy.

So what's a TRX or Raptor listed for in Can?

EDIT: Raptor R to be exact. The pricey one.

- 2024 Ranger Raptor - Supercrew (including sprayed bed) = 80 740$ (don't see for the R yet) 9% financing
- 2024 Ram 1500 TRX - NET AMOUNT $114,822 (Includes $12,256 in total discount)

All those prices are out of reach.

The Ranger pricing may be in line with the TRD Pro, but still. For sure not everyone will buy that trim, but an XLT will be near 57k and a Lariat near 60k. A TRD premium is almost 62K. Most people here are in the middle-class category, I consider myself in that class and I cannot afford a 60k vehicle. If I put a 60k vehicle in the driveway, here goes any fun activity or get-away, I will look at it in the driveway. Sales are really low here, major incentives have to come back for sales to restart.

PS. All mentioned prices are before taxes (price + 5% +9.975%)

Something will have come back to reality!

Last edited:
Price available now here in Québec, Canada... ouch!

Trailhunter : $85901.50 before the 14.975% provincial and federal taxes for a nice total of $98765
TRD PRO : $79941.50 before the 14.975% provincial and federal taxes for a nice total of $91912

7.28% finance and 8,19% on lease

Not sure if we will be seeing many around here....

Just the regular ones, there are a few on each dealer's lots ready for sale, waiting for customers.
Yeah I spoke with my local toyota dealer and he told me with financing and everything you are looking at 107 000 - 115 000 depending on the options and your credit score...

Wow that's crazy.

So what's a TRX or Raptor listed for in Can?

EDIT: Raptor R to be exact. The pricey one.
A Ford F150 Raptor R is 161 000$ before taxes and 186 000$ after taxes but before financing.

Comes to a cool 3327$ per month for 72 months @ 9% financing. If you do the maths, if you finance you end up paying 239 544$

A Ford F150 Raptor R is 161 000$ before taxes and 186 000$ after taxes but before financing.

Comes to a cool 3327$ per month for 72 months @ 9% financing. If you do the maths, if you finance you end up paying 239 544$
Wow, that is amazing but damn well know somebody paid it. It's not like cars costing over $150K are exactly unheard of, just not with a Ford badge...lol

Why are people complaining about the prices of the top of the line models? those versions are always expensive, if you don't like it buy the base models, all of my trucks are base models and all of my future trucks will also be base models.

Why are people complaining about the prices of the top of the line models? those versions are always expensive, if you don't like it buy the base models, all of my trucks are base models and all of my future trucks will also be base models.
Good point. Considering Ram has one of the most expensive and also the least expensive, hard to knock them. They have something for everyone.

I did not see anyone complaining. It is more like being surprised with pricing of new models coming out.

Even a base model is over 50k in Canada before taxes. At this price range , it is normal to expect more than base ! Whatever brand it is.

I guess it's your definition of complaining. When one says "That's too friggin expensive! How can anyone afford a new truck when it costs so much?" To me, that's complaining. Not to point out just Tim's channel but I think that was the majority of comments to every video of the new Pros and Trailhunters all over YT.

I guess it's your definition of complaining. When one says "That's too friggin expensive! How can anyone afford a new truck when it costs so much?" To me, that's complaining. Not to point out just Tim's channel but I think that was the majority of comments to every video of the new Pros and Trailhunters all over YT.
I think what the point is people seem to want the Kobe beef of trucks but don't want to pay Kobe Beef price when maybe they should be buying chopped steak.

I think what the point is people seem to want the Kobe beef of trucks but don't want to pay Kobe Beef price when maybe they should be buying chopped steak.
That maybe works but when you start comparing chopped steak of one manufacturer to the other, or the kobe beef of one to the other the Toyota price starts to look a little outrageous even compared to similar trims.

That maybe works but when you start comparing chopped steak of one manufacturer to the other, or the kobe beef of one to the other the Toyota price starts to look a little outrageous even compared to similar trims.
The Toyota tax comes into play here too, as I remember in 2004 my Silverado RCLB 4x4 with rebates ($18,500) was cheaper than a 2004 Toyota Tacoma RCSB 4x4 so I bought the Silverado instead.

lol, the chopped steak is now too expensive as well....

A Colorado LT base is about at least 5k less and a Ford Ranger XL is about 7k less.... so ya,,, Toyota priced/packaged them too high (at least here in Canada). So it is not a complaint, it is a fact.

When a base model comes out 60k-61k with taxes, you expect more than a chopped steak!

I am not really sold on the new Tacoma with what happened to TFLs Tacoma, I am pretty sure the front differential is the same on an a cheap base model SR as the TRD pro or Trail hunter.

I am not really sold on the new Tacoma with what happened to TFLs Tacoma, I am pretty sure the front differential is the same on an a cheap base model SR as the TRD pro or Trail hunter.
I believe It is, only the Limited is different with it's full time 4WD. I drove a 2009 Tacoma for 200k miles... sadly toyota trucks have been trending down in quality since the 3rd gen Tacoma and new Tundra.

I believe It is, only the Limited is different with it's full time 4WD. I drove a 2009 Tacoma for 200k miles... sadly toyota trucks have been trending down in quality since the 3rd gen Tacoma and new Tundra.
I have wondered if this happened in the upper halls of Toyota when they heard about the TFL Tacoma,

Back