Thinking about buying a 2025 Ram - Hurricane or Ramcharger

It does look like an SUV, but IMHO the looks aren't the problem. It looks absolutely stunning, I just won't want to pay for the inevitable repairs that would normally be handled by a proper bumper.

Thankfully the volume trims are still using normal bumpers.

I find the Ram a gorgeous looking truck, especially these 5th gens. Perhaps a little ownership bias, but I liked them before I bought one.

I also disagree that the 90's to 2010 (that would be second/third gen rams) looked good, those were the worst with those souless/vacant headlights, I looked into one and it looked back and I couldn't sleep for a week. lol. The 4th gens were a welcome improvement, and now the 5th gens went over the top.

Good thing there is such a wide variety of trucks available, we can all find something that suits our individual tastes.
Yeah, when they changed the 3rd gen headlights in 2005-2006, it was really bad. Didn't get fixed until the 4th gen in 2009. The overall truck was too "rounded" before 2009.

Nothing new that I've heard. Coil springs or air bags.
Ive been digging everywhere and no mention, if its air bags beware, lots of problems on them, just ask any tech at the dealer, my friend has a Ram with air bags and had a few problems, before the truck went out of warranty, he does a yearly application of a anti-corrosion silicone based spray on all of the connectors to stop liquid intrusion and corrosion, I know, I was under the truck with him following the lines, yes a hoist would be best but we had to make the best of it, the connectors were done every where there was a connector, distribution block and compressor connectors were also done, its been a year and a half and no leaks, also he has been adding a little airline antifreeze just before winter hits, he got a little pissed at removing the tail light to access the breather tube so he relocated it into the Ram box, now its nice and convenient to access as he periodically changes the intake filter that has a better passive air dryer, closed nitrogen systems are tough to work with and they require air, these suspensions require preventive maintenance, many don't do it and bad things happen, I love the ride on an airbag Ram, before I decided on a GM Denali Duramax, I was looking at a Ram Limited Longhorn and Limited, Air suspension was an option where the Limited its comes standard with delete option, the Limited Longhorn it was an option, so it would be a serious choice I would have to make of "do I feel like working on it", not to mention I wanted nothing to do with e-torque on a 5.7, and in Canada you still have the option of no e-torque, but I want diesel this time round.

Ive been digging everywhere and no mention, if its air bags beware, lots of problems on them, just ask any tech at the dealer, my friend has a Ram with air bags and had a few problems, before the truck went out of warranty, he does a yearly application of a anti-corrosion silicone based spray on all of the connectors to stop liquid intrusion and corrosion, I know, I was under the truck with him following the lines, yes a hoist would be best but we had to make the best of it, the connectors were done every where there was a connector, distribution block and compressor connectors were also done, its been a year and a half and no leaks, also he has been adding a little airline antifreeze just before winter hits, he got a little pissed at removing the tail light to access the breather tube so he relocated it into the Ram box, now its nice and convenient to access as he periodically changes the intake filter that has a better passive air dryer, closed nitrogen systems are tough to work with and they require air, these suspensions require preventive maintenance, many don't do it and bad things happen, I love the ride on an airbag Ram, before I decided on a GM Denali Duramax, I was looking at a Ram Limited Longhorn and Limited, Air suspension was an option where the Limited its comes standard with delete option, the Limited Longhorn it was an option, so it would be a serious choice I would have to make of "do I feel like working on it", not to mention I wanted nothing to do with e-torque on a 5.7, and in Canada you still have the option of no e-torque, but I want diesel this time round.
Nothing changed for suspension from what I understand. I wish I could do a Livestream at times from these events. You guys always ask really good questions.

Air bags are a weak spot on these Rams and pretty much any other car/suv that has them as well, Canadian winters are very harsh on them. Apparently the 5th gens have a better/updated system though I'm not too read up on that as I refuse to use them. The coils ride better than the other trucks anyway so no need to get the bags.

Good point.
ICE recycling has its own issues too, with oily heads, cranks and even blocks being dumped in landfills. However there is a thriving recycle business. One of my favorite You Tubers is Eric from I Do Cars:

https://www.youtube.com/@I_Do_Cars/videos

He has a a great recycling business where many of the parts from his tear downs end up for sale

https://www.importapart.com

Not sure how batteries get to this, but entrepreneurs will sure give it a try.

Air bags are a weak spot on these Rams and pretty much any other car/suv that has them as well, Canadian winters are very harsh on them. Apparently the 5th gens have a better/updated system though I'm not too read up on that as I refuse to use them. The coils ride better than the other trucks anyway so no need to get the bags.
Air bags are another added consumable and plagued with problems, I still love the ride, some guy in Alberta had a class action lawsuit for air bags against Stellantis, but then again I think every OEM that offered air bags has a lawsuit against them. another guy in Alberta is making a great living by making a coil conversion kit for Rams.

A few years ago I was looking into electromagnetic suspensions, one promising system was being developed by Bose, yes the speaker and radio people, they had some videos out there with car going through pot holes and on top of washboard roads and looked very promising, apparently they threw the idea at a bunch of OEM's, they said it looks promising, then Bose sells that component and technology to another company, I dont know why it was sold, they seem to be kind of hush on it, the company that bought the technology was "ClearMotion", Ill supply links, Ive been watching ClearMotion on and off and its hard to determine what their doing, Im not sure but my speculation is ClearMotion may have something to do with the adaptive suspensions that come stock on 2023/24 Denali 1500 and Denali 1500 Ultimate.

ICE recycling has its own issues too, with oily heads, cranks and even blocks being dumped in landfills. However there is a thriving recycle business. One of my favorite You Tubers is Eric from I Do Cars:

https://www.youtube.com/@I_Do_Cars/videos

He has a a great recycling business where many of the parts from his tear downs end up for sale

https://www.importapart.com

Not sure how batteries get to this, but entrepreneurs will sure give it a try.
I do know science.org has several articles on the topic of battery recycling, because it's not just EV batteries that we need to be able to recycle it's also the billions of devices that have these types of batteries. So you can bet where there can be money made, people will find a way.

Air bags are another added consumable and plagued with problems, I still love the ride, some guy in Alberta had a class action lawsuit for air bags against Stellantis, but then again I think every OEM that offered air bags has a lawsuit against them. another guy in Alberta is making a great living by making a coil conversion kit for Rams.

A few years ago I was looking into electromagnetic suspensions, one promising system was being developed by Bose, yes the speaker and radio people, they had some videos out there with car going through pot holes and on top of washboard roads and looked very promising, apparently they threw the idea at a bunch of OEM's, they said it looks promising, then Bose sells that component and technology to another company, I dont know why it was sold, they seem to be kind of hush on it, the company that bought the technology was "ClearMotion", Ill supply links, Ive been watching ClearMotion on and off and its hard to determine what their doing, Im not sure but my speculation is ClearMotion may have something to do with the adaptive suspensions that come stock on 2023/24 Denali 1500 and Denali 1500 Ultimate.

Interesting information on those links. It reminds me of GM’s suspension systems like the DSSV dampers, as the Drive pointed out, and Magnaride. I bet a lot OEMs have tested their products and I’m sure some of their suspension is on modern vehicles. I hear about proactive suspension systems reading the road ahead in different vehicles from time to time. I haven’t ever tied that to a supplier before.

Even Roman (!) won't correct Andre and tell him a front and rear treatment, slightly bigger screens with a passenger screen, a new engine and some other sundry improvements is not a RE-DESIGN.

Even Roman (!) won't correct Andre and tell him a front and rear treatment, slightly bigger screens with a passenger screen, a new engine and some other sundry improvements is not a RE-DESIGN.

To be fair, I think in other videos with the 2025 he does call it "refresh" there? May have just been a "verbal typo".

To be fair, I think in other videos with the 2025 he does call it "refresh" there? May have just been a "verbal typo".
https://forum.pickuptrucktalk.com/threads/fundamentals.182/

Second time. I think it is partly caused by constantly getting fed the "we redesigned it" "all new" from the OEM, but his job is to cut through the manufacturer BS...Ooops, its TFL, strike that.

He says refreshed when talking about the 2018s. He does say "the big news" which is fine. Maybe Редизайн не in his head before every video on the 2025 RAM going forward.

Im not sure but my speculation is ClearMotion may have something to do with the adaptive suspensions that come stock on 2023/24 Denali 1500 and Denali 1500 Ultimate.
I don't think so. They've had Adaptive Ride Control on the Denali since 2019 and the High Country since 2020, which seems to be a truck-centric evolution of Continuous Damping Control used on Buick and Cadillac models from 2017 which was developed by ZF.

I'd vote for the Ramcharger. The hurricane isn't even the first or only turbo straight six out there that you can buy today. At least the Ramcharger is somewhat unique.

To the other comments though - not sure if it would generate the most views. Tough to say.

Back