TFL just broke their Tacoma

It is not surprising. Toyota gave Roman a call asking if they would like to have access to any Toyota invites or loaners in the future. Just like Ford ,Subaru ,and land rover did .

It is not surprising. Toyota gave Roman a call asking if they would like to have access to any Toyota invites or loaners in the future. Just like Ford ,Subaru ,and land rover did .

I don't or have a hard time believing that happens. I don't doubt manufacturers and/or PR departments get irritated but think of the backlash Toyota would take if TFL decided to air that out.

Not a good business move on Toyota's part, especially right now.

Call me highly skeptical. TFL didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Things break. It happens.

I posted this on Tacomaworld as well and the thread has 560+ replies. The opinions vary wildly but the consensus seems to agree. Roman didn't do anything wrong and the Tacoma should have been fine. Things definitely break. I don't think TFL is going to be threatended to not produce content, or anything like that. That's just silly. I do think, based off of the amount of Toyota fan boys who are voicing a lot of concerns with the new truck and Tundra that Toyota is finding themself in unchartered waters a bit.

The high price point is a driving factor of this I think, it's ridiculous imo, not to mention the issues the truck is having.

I've been on Tacomaworld since 2011and I've never seen this many Toyota fans expressing concerns. The 3rd gen left a bad feeling in a lot of people mouths (drivetrain).

I posted this on Tacomaworld as well and the thread has 560+ replies. The opinions vary wildly but the consensus seems to agree. Roman didn't do anything wrong and the Tacoma should have been fine. Things definitely break. I don't think TFL is going to be threatended to not produce content, or anything like that. That's just silly. I do think, based off of the amount of Toyota fan boys who are voicing a lot of concerns with the new truck and Tundra that Toyota is finding themself in unchartered waters a bit.

The high price point is a driving factor of this I think, it's ridiculous imo, not to mention the issues the truck is having.

I've been on Tacomaworld since 2011and I've never seen this many Toyota fans expressing concerns. The 3rd gen left a bad feeling in a lot of people mouths (drivetrain).
yeah, so… 560+ replies. If you could get us 10 or 100 here, you’d be a “true fan.” Just sayin’. LOL

yeah, so… 560+ replies. If you could get us 10 or 100 here, you’d be a “true fan.” Just sayin’. LOL
That'd be nice, wouldn't it? That's always been the problem with general subject forums. People will always lean towards the brand specific ones. And sometimes to the even more detailed model specific ones.

I hope it get's there but like Dusdaddy said, it seems like the make or model specific forums always attract the most. Tacomaworld at one point was the largest truck forum, that was back in the day when I joined 13 years ago. I'm hoping by cross posting and referencing this site some people trickle over. It's tough arguing, or agreeing, with the same 4 or 5 people everday lol.

I do want to know, why hasn't TFL done an update even if they answer is we don't have a fix right now? They absolutely know what broke. It's not making sesne and the longer it goes on the more credence the "Toyota hushed them" theories get.

Weird.

Tim, from a true journalism approach are they holding back waiting for an answer for some reason I can't think of? Trying to give toyota time to explain for themselves?

I hope it get's there but like Dusdaddy said, it seems like the make or model specific forums always attract the most. Tacomaworld at one point was the largest truck forum, that was back in the day when I joined 13 years ago. I'm hoping by cross posting and referencing this site some people trickle over. It's tough arguing, or agreeing, with the same 4 or 5 people everday lol.
I would add that a lot of the posts in that thread on TW are way, way off topic and there's quite a bit of anger between people there. The bigger this gets the more likely you'll see that too. There is a sweet spot for sure.

I do want to know, why hasn't TFL done an update even if they answer is we don't have a fix right now? They absolutely know what broke. It's not making sesne and the longer it goes on the more credence the "Toyota hushed them" theories get.

Weird.

Tim, from a true journalism approach are they holding back waiting for an answer for some reason I can't think of? Trying to give toyota time to explain for themselves?
If I was TFL, I sure as hell would like a quote or an explanation before I did a video.

Right now, they have:

- It broke
- It went to the shop
- Toyota sent the part in for inspection

Not really much more to go on. Also, they could be waiting for parts. Normally replacement parts lag behind with all the resources going into production and not repair. I remember one time a press car had a damaged wheel. It took 6 months to get the replacement wheel.

If I was TFL, I sure as hell would like a quote or an explanation before I did a video.

Right now, they have:

- It broke
- It went to the shop
- Toyota sent the part in for inspection

Not really much more to go on. Also, they could be waiting for parts. Normally replacement parts lag behind with all the resources going into production and not repair. I remember one time a press car had a damaged wheel. It took 6 months to get the replacement wheel.

Isn't that delay a video idea in itself? At this point they know what broke. Detail the broken part, the trip to the dealer and close it up with an ETA from Toyota on how long this is going to take to fix.

It would be funny if they realized it was something they did. It reminds me of all the hyperbole about the Cummins recall and then nothing else. But still, I expected the video of it up on the lift to be out by now. Putting it on the rollers doesn't make sense and may just damage more.

I would add that a lot of the posts in that thread on TW are way, way off topic and there's quite a bit of anger between people there. The bigger this gets the more likely you'll see that too. There is a sweet spot for sure.
Yes, when it gets that big I think of every thread like a DNA column, everything swirls around the topic eventually coming back to it. I actually enjoy that part of the forum. The anger has been on any forum of any size I've ever been a part of. I tend to think of it more as smartassery, snark or dipshittedness more so than anger but you for sure get a little of that too.

I found that forum for mods on my Tacoma, the depth of knowledge about the trucks there is insane. Every mod I did was from a picture by picture guide of someone doing it on their truck. Want to have ATRAC on a 2nd gen Tacoma not equipped with it? Done. Thousand of mods.

The prinsu brand of roof rack was started by a guy in his shop on Tacomaworld. I was one of the first to have it installed on an access cab Tacoma. Now they're everywhere on everything, great looking rack and he built his business on Tacomaworld.

Isn't that delay a video idea in itself? At this point they know what broke. Detail the broken part, the trip to the dealer and close it up with an ETA from Toyota on how long this is going to take to fix.
I would think so, but every journalist is different. My assumption is they don't know about the whirlwind happening online. They spend a lot of time working and shooting, not spending time on forums and social media.

Back