Off-Roader Value package available on RAM build and price in Canada. Is it available in the USA as well?

James-kd2cm

I’ve noticed recently that the 2025 build and price tool on the RAM Canada website has an off Roader value package option available. It’s a Big Horn with some off road goodies packaged together. It includes an E-Locker, skid plates, more aggressive tires, and upgraded suspension among other upgrades. This might be a little easier on the pocket book for those who don’t want to spend the price for a Rebel. Definitely not as flashy as a Rebel.
This package slots into a similar slot to my previous truck a 2017 Ram 1500 outdoorsman.
I was wondering if this option is available for Americans as well? If so, what are your thoughts?

When I priced one using the off roader value package it’s $71.706 (CAD) before taxes with the hurricane engine, short bed and an upgraded paint colour. It comes with the sport appearance group, off-road group, the bed utility group, and big horn level 1 equipment group. If I add the bed utility group to a rebel and the same paint upgrade I get $79,634.
An interesting choice.

When I priced one using the off roader value package it’s $71.706 (CAD) before taxes with the hurricane engine, short bed and an upgraded paint colour. It comes with the sport appearance group, off-road group, the bed utility group, and big horn level 1 equipment group. If I add the bed utility group to a rebel and the same paint upgrade I get $79,634.
An interesting choice.
The only thing different I did is the 6 foot bed and the tow group.

$56,110

Bighorn, white, crew cab, 4x4, selecting off road package required the selection of bighorn level 1 or 2 equipment group. selected #1.

1726844540813.png
1726844466318.png

Cool, so you do have that option in the States. If I apply today’s exchange rate to your 56,110 usd I get 76189 cad. So, we pay a bit extra in Canada I guess. We may have different discounts offered depending on the area we live in. Mine was for Ontario.
If this option had been available on my 2023 with the hemi I may have opted for that rather than the sport trim(it’s a separate trim in Canada). Good to have choices.

Cool, so you do have that option in the States. If I apply today’s exchange rate to your 56,110 usd I get 76189 cad. So, we pay a bit extra in Canada I guess. We may have different discounts offered depending on the area we live in. Mine was for Ontario.
If this option had been available on my 2023 with the hemi I may have opted for that rather than the sport trim(it’s a separate trim in Canada). Good to have choices.
It's not a straight exchange rate issue. Often times trucks in Canada come with more standard options required whereas in the US those are truly options, other times, they just charge more for the same thing.

I will attempt to insert my build without screwing up…lol. This build wouldn’t be as bad ass looking as a Rebel or an RHO but it would get the job done for me.
IMG_0948.jpegIMG_0949.jpegIMG_0950.jpegIMG_0951.pngIMG_0952.pngIMG_0953.pngIMG_0954.png

Last edited:
I see it has Selec-speed control. Is that the off-road cruise control Jeep offers?
I’m not sure…I’m sure Tim will be able to test it with his RHO when he gets it.
I searched and found this:

Selec-Speed Control​

The 2025 Ram 1500 is ready for just about anything that your journey tosses its way. That’s why it can also be armed with Selec-Speed Control, which helps you maintain a consistent speed regardless of the type of terrain beneath your tires. You could be scaling rocks in the wilderness or dealing with slippery conditions in downtown Cincinnati. With Selec-Speed Control, you’re able to enjoy a stable ride, no matter what. Applying just the right amount of torque and brake pressure, your Ram 1500 can take on any environment with certainty, providing you with a consistent speed so that all you have to do is focus on steering and maneuvering through the area. This takes the pressure off you, especially when navigating in difficult travel conditions or on one of the toughest trails in the area.

Here’s the link

Last edited:
I’m not sure… I searched and found this:

Selec-Speed Control​

The 2025 Ram 1500 is ready for just about anything that your journey tosses its way. That’s why it can also be armed with Selec-Speed Control, which helps you maintain a consistent speed regardless of the type of terrain beneath your tires. You could be scaling rocks in the wilderness or dealing with slippery conditions in downtown Cincinnati. With Selec-Speed Control, you’re able to enjoy a stable ride, no matter what. Applying just the right amount of torque and brake pressure, your Ram 1500 can take on any environment with certainty, providing you with a consistent speed so that all you have to do is focus on steering and maneuvering through the area. This takes the pressure off you, especially when navigating in difficult travel conditions or on one of the toughest trails in the area.
Yep, basically the same thing as the Jeep. And the Toyota and the Fords. Not a bad thing to have, I could see it's uses on some trails.

Doesn't that one still require you to use the pedal? I thought the AT4X and ZR2 has one like the others where you didn't.
No, you're right, I lump them all together but prefer the terrain mode, better acceleration control in 4LO with only brakes but yea not a true crawl control.

I used to laugh at the off-road cruise control, but lately I have been using it more and more in two scenarios.

First is in traffic that is not stopped. Set the speed and no need to go from gas and break non-stop.
Second is during hunting. During small game hunting season, I set the speed to 10km/h, 6mph, and can focus on looking around for small game while I'm going to a spot or bringing stuff for big game hunting.

Back