Interview with Valvoline

And now there’s this oil from CASTROL. Any takers? 25,000 mile OCI 🤔🤔🤔
That seems extreme. However, it probably would be fine under the proper conditions. I worked somewhere that ran a Komatsu PC5500 excavator. They replaced filters based on hours and kept an oil reservoir full. There was a system on it to gradually burn a little bit of the oil through the engine and replace it from the reservoir. Never actually drained the oil.

That seems extreme. However, it probably would be fine under the proper conditions. I worked somewhere that ran a Komatsu PC5500 excavator. They replaced filters based on hours and kept an oil reservoir full. There was a system on it to gradually burn a little bit of the oil through the engine and replace it from the reservoir. Never actually drained the oil.
Well this excavator holds 380 liters of oil which is almost 100 gallons. So that would be one expensive oil change.

And now there’s this oil from CASTROL. Any takers? 25,000 mile OCI 🤔🤔🤔

And they are even backing it with a warranty as well. At least up to 125K miles or 6 years. Plus, the OCI is 25K or 1 year so 25K in a year is some good road miles. I'd do it while the warranty was current anyway.

Back