drove the 2024 IForceMax and didn't like it

i feel that ford is just going to be ford and just sell to the masses with work trucks and such. so i dont think they really care. but than again with the sales numbers coming out and the big hit they took that might change. i just watched tims video on the 2025 laramie with the trailer behind it and he went over the truck and i had to rewind when he said the truck he was in was 83K for a Laramine??? what in the world are the limited and rebel going to cost?? i did like the ride in the ram and with these new trucks dropping soon i see 2 things that are going to happen 1 the 2024 are going to drop another 10K because of the basic v6 puts out 420 hp or the 2025 are going to sit and collect rust cause of the prices? i see the car market is turning back to a buyers market and that is the only good thing that is happening right now. im on a wait list for the new Tremor to test drive and i have a test drive this weekend in the AT4X so thats a couple of more . again guys thanks for the info. im starting to love this page and forum. on a side note thanks for not pointing out my spelling and run on sentences i just type God bless

My jaw hit the floor when Tim told us how much he paid for his bighorn. I think it was $72k... For a Bighorn. I can't wrap my head around that.

i feel that ford is just going to be ford and just sell to the masses with work trucks and such. so i dont think they really care. but than again with the sales numbers coming out and the big hit they took that might change. i just watched tims video on the 2025 laramie with the trailer behind it and he went over the truck and i had to rewind when he said the truck he was in was 83K for a Laramine??? what in the world are the limited and rebel going to cost?? i did like the ride in the ram and with these new trucks dropping soon i see 2 things that are going to happen 1 the 2024 are going to drop another 10K because of the basic v6 puts out 420 hp or the 2025 are going to sit and collect rust cause of the prices? i see the car market is turning back to a buyers market and that is the only good thing that is happening right now. im on a wait list for the new Tremor to test drive and i have a test drive this weekend in the AT4X so thats a couple of more . again guys thanks for the info. im starting to love this page and forum. on a side note thanks for not pointing out my spelling and run on sentences i just type God bless
That price is surprising considering a decent equipped Lariat is only $72. I kinda equate a Laramie to a Lariat, XLT to a Big Horn, Rebel to a Tremor, etc.

My jaw hit the floor when Tim told us how much he paid for his bighorn. I think it was $72k... For a Bighorn. I can't wrap my head around that.
since they are going to be hitting the lots soon i want to see who is going to buy these things. now we all know that there are people that have zero problem spending that kind of money and good for them but a ave guy blue collar will not pay that much for a truck. all the videos i have been seeing today most of the upgrades are the power with the eng. and the pass. info screen. hands free driving and message seats these next couple of months are going to be fun

since they are going to be hitting the lots soon i want to see who is going to buy these things. now we all know that there are people that have zero problem spending that kind of money and good for them but a ave guy blue collar will not pay that much for a truck. all the videos i have been seeing today most of the upgrades are the power with the eng. and the pass. info screen. hands free driving and message seats these next couple of months are going to be fun
100%. Which is why I'm looking at mid-size now. I don't need the space. I can afford a full-size, but I just cannot justify spending that amount of money on such a depreciating asset. I don't judge because I spend too much on guns, but I make sense to myself by saying they will only increase in value! ...lol Yeah, right.

now one can never spend too much on guns lol so here is a crazy stat. the pricing for the new 2025 build page is up and i build a 2025 rebel and compaired it to a 2024 the 25 was cheaper by 4000. the 25 was 73,370 and the 24 was 77,070. i added the same things to the truck and i dont know if i did anything wrong but how can it be cheaper?

now one can never spend too much on guns lol so here is a crazy stat. the pricing for the new 2025 build page is up and i build a 2025 rebel and compaired it to a 2024 the 25 was cheaper by 4000. the 25 was 73,370 and the 24 was 77,070. i added the same things to the truck and i dont know if i did anything wrong but how can it be cheaper?
Wow, that is surprising. Better take a close look at the summary page of each. Maybe something else is missing?

I did the same and tried to keep them as close as possible but you are right, the 24 cost $1600 more at $73K. Both had leather seats, tech package and Level 2 package. Then I loaded them up with a bunch of stuff and the 24 was $3900 more expensive at $82K. That's crazy!

I'll probably get written of as being biased, but from a ride and handling perspective IMHO the Ram with air suspension is first, then Ram with coils, and after that it gets harder but I'd put the GM ahead of Ford (I find the Ford has the most "truckiest" feel of the 3). Haven't driven the magnaride so can't comment on it. Also not comparing the offroad trims, I've only driven a rebel and not the tremor or at4/trailboss.

It's not just whether the ride is soft or jittery, its also about total control of the suspension when things get hairy. When I was test driving trucks, the dealers near me were close to a rough road with a crack that was right in the middle of a tight bend. When the Sierra hit that crack at speed, the back end had a tendency to skip sideways, like somebody physically lifting up the rear end and moving it sideways a few inches. The Ram just soaked it up and did not have that lateral motion. The benefit of a 5 link suspension. (One guy (wiggums??) on the gm forum said he almost ditched his truck when it side-skipped heavily down a gravel/rough road.)

The downside is that the coils are less forgiving when it comes time to tow. Some guys complaining that their previous truck towed their trailer just fine and now suddenly they're having porpoising or other problems. It can still be corrected as most often the weight is just not proportioned correctly for their setup but it does appear that the GM and Ford leafsprings are more forgiving.

Another "disadvantage" of Rams coils is that they are progressive; the first inch gives quicker than the second inch, so sag looks worse on a Ram with lighter loads. However the advantage of the progressive coil is that it gives you that soft cushy ride while also being able to handle heavy weights. If you put 1000 pounds in the bed of both a GM and a Ram, they'll both sink about 2 inches (according to Truck King who tested that a few years ago).

This towing thing doesn't seem to be a problem for the air suspension, but it has its own flaw in that it doesn't last long in harsh/cold winters.

I haven't driven a new Tundra with the coils but I know one review said it was very communicative/jittery; you felt every little puddle and rut. I think that was Truck King but can't be certain. I found that surprising given Rams excellent tuning of their coils but thats what they said.
Easy fix: just don't drive down that road and slow down for the crack! LOL

I'm doing a video today with the Limited vs Tungeston. Interestingly to me, the price difference from Laramie to Limited is only $5k IIRC. Again, I had a MASSIVE headache that day of filming and my memory is shit. However, if I'm right, that price is either going to upset people or make them consider moving up to a Limited since the price difference isn't that much. I just found it really interesting the pricing was even that close.

I did the same and tried to keep them as close as possible but you are right, the 24 cost $1600 more at $73K. Both had leather seats, tech package and Level 2 package. Then I loaded them up with a bunch of stuff and the 24 was $3900 more expensive at $82K. That's crazy!
(Tim heads over to the build and price configurator)...

Can you share a screen shot? I found the starting price to be $5k more for the 2025 vs 2024 Rebel.

I'm doing a video today with the Limited vs Tungeston. Interestingly to me, the price difference from Laramie to Limited is only $5k IIRC. Again, I had a MASSIVE headache that day of filming and my memory is shit. However, if I'm right, that price is either going to upset people or make them consider moving up to a Limited since the price difference isn't that much. I just found it really interesting the pricing was even that close.
my question is this. with all the rams still on the lots waiting to be sold and in some cases of up to almost 20K off for the 24 year how in the heck does ram think they are going to sell the 25 year at the prices that they are coming out with now? i know the market is crazy and has been but its getting to be a buyer market and they are going to have to come down on the price or they will sit just like that 24. some will wait for the 25 year cause the newness of it all but i did a search for the diesel ram and found 2 brand new ones still on the lot and they are 2022 models? its almost you would think people will move down to the lower trim to save money cause these trucks are now coming with just about everything already

Can you share a screen shot? I found the starting price to be $5k more for the 2025 vs 2024 Rebel.
That's also what I saw, is it weird that the Rebel isn't available with the HO SST? Is that because the HO is going in the TRX when they re-do it? Seems like something some people would pay to have in the Rebel.

I find the package options a little odd, my game on configurators is to try and replace my truck and get as close to each option as I can. RAM has 8 available packages. Unfortunately a surround camera system is only available in the "Advanced Safety Group" package which also happens to be the most expensive package at $3,400.

A decently equipped Rebel, not loaded (no air suspension, standard towing pack but no towing tech, no bed utility, no on-board power among others) comes in at over $75,000. Add two of those missing pieces and you're at $80k.

That's steep for a Rebel.

1708703254734.png

my question is this. with all the rams still on the lots waiting to be sold and in some cases of up to almost 20K off for the 24 year how in the heck does ram think they are going to sell the 25 year at the prices that they are coming out with now? i know the market is crazy and has been but its getting to be a buyer market and they are going to have to come down on the price or they will sit just like that 24. some will wait for the 25 year cause the newness of it all but i did a search for the diesel ram and found 2 brand new ones still on the lot and they are 2022 models? its almost you would think people will move down to the lower trim to save money cause these trucks are now coming with just about everything already
I can understand why people think there's a correlation between dealership lots and corporate. The fact is they are like two different companies. I mean, dealers are franchises and they operate independently of corporate. Corporate does pay attention to its dealers, but it also has to appease many other stakeholders like the stock market.

You also have to keep in mind product timing is not tied to sales. For example, Ram has been working on the 2025 model for years and they have to launch it this year. Why do they have to? It takes years to get suppliers on board with new parts and the engineering team has to move on to their next product. Marketing also has spent months working on plans to launch the new product.

Dealers are also ordering the new trucks right now regardless if they have a parking lot full of trucks. They can't just wait for those trucks to sell. People want the newest thing and they can't not have them on order. The dealers will just put cash on the hood and get rid of the old trucks.

Imagine those 2022 and other models as being on "clearance."

I feel like I should put this in a video since it has been asked several times.

I can understand why people think there's a correlation between dealership lots and corporate. The fact is they are like two different companies. I mean, dealers are franchises and they operate independently of corporate. Corporate does pay attention to its dealers, but it also has to appease many other stakeholders like the stock market.

You also have to keep in mind product timing is not tied to sales. For example, Ram has been working on the 2025 model for years and they have to launch it this year. Why do they have to? It takes years to get suppliers on board with new parts and the engineering team has to move on to their next product. Marketing also has spent months working on plans to launch the new product.

Dealers are also ordering the new trucks right now regardless if they have a parking lot full of trucks. They can't just wait for those trucks to sell. People want the newest thing and they can't not have them on order. The dealers will just put cash on the hood and get rid of the old trucks.

Imagine those 2022 and other models as being on "clearance."

I feel like I should put this in a video since it has been asked several times.
if you did do a video that would help i hauled cars for almost 9 years and my main contract was BMW out of SC i would run to NY 2 times a week with these cars and moving the new models was alway fun cause when i pulled up the dealerships would be so happy and then they would be like well what are we going to do with all these others. now when covid hit it was to opp. even bmw couldnt keep cars on the lot and it was like a ghost town. thats when they started to mark everything up. so i understand. its just like the new tundra and the problems with changing to an all new truck the "bugs" how many bugs do you thing Ram is going to have with these new trucks even though the powertrain has been in the grand waggon for a year now?

if you did do a video that would help i hauled cars for almost 9 years and my main contract was BMW out of SC i would run to NY 2 times a week with these cars and moving the new models was alway fun cause when i pulled up the dealerships would be so happy and then they would be like well what are we going to do with all these others. now when covid hit it was to opp. even bmw couldnt keep cars on the lot and it was like a ghost town. thats when they started to mark everything up. so i understand. its just like the new tundra and the problems with changing to an all new truck the "bugs" how many bugs do you thing Ram is going to have with these new trucks even though the powertrain has been in the grand waggon for a year now?
I've seen the reliability question asked as well a few times. I understand something new is going to be inherently a concern, but the Hemi wasn't without its problems either. Hemi tick anyone?

People love to point at the Tundra V8 as the gold standard of reliability. I remember covering numerous issues with that engine over the years as well.

Interestingly, my research has showed the 3.5L turbocharged EcoBoost to be MORE reliable than Ford's NA 5.0L V8. People hate that.

My sense right now is people want things to fail. They want the turbos to be unreliable. They want truck companies to go bankrupt. They want a new President. They want to go back to the 1990s. I see hate in my comments all the time.

I'm going to grab a quick shower and shave and I'll do a video titled something like "your questions answered on the new 2025 Ram 1500." I'll include inventory, reliability, pricing (people are stunned a half-ton truck could cost $90k, that price isn't new) and whatever I can think of in the shower. I'd like 5 things. Hmm...

The pricing mark-up for the Hemi is why the 2024 Rebel is more expensive. You can actually get one with the Pentastar. But here are the two comparisons of Rebels at the low end.

2025 Rebel

Screenshot 2024-02-23 112142.png

2024 Rebel

Screenshot 2024-02-23 112529.png

This doesn't even account for stuff that is stock on the 25 that the 24 does not have.

I've seen the reliability question asked as well a few times. I understand something new is going to be inherently a concern, but the Hemi wasn't without its problems either. Hemi tick anyone?

People love to point at the Tundra V8 as the gold standard of reliability. I remember covering numerous issues with that engine over the years as well.

Interestingly, my research has showed the 3.5L turbocharged EcoBoost to be MORE reliable than Ford's NA 5.0L V8. People hate that.

My sense right now is people want things to fail. They want the turbos to be unreliable. They want truck companies to go bankrupt. They want a new President. They want to go back to the 1990s. I see hate in my comments all the time.

I'm going to grab a quick shower and shave and I'll do a video titled something like "your questions answered on the new 2025 Ram 1500." I'll include inventory, reliability, pricing (people are stunned a half-ton truck could cost $90k, that price isn't new) and whatever I can think of in the shower. I'd like 5 things. Hmm...
i think the biggest hang up i had with ram was 2 things that dog gone shifter nob and the resale on the truck. other than that i thought it was a good truck i remember the first cars i started in the business of hauling where dodge and i liked the inside of the longhorn and said i would drive this. im getting past the nob and heck if i want the center i would go with the GT package. is there a bullet prof truck or car heck no and i see what you were saying about people want things to fail its just the way the world is right now. in a world where everything is 30 seconds meaning video shorts and all when a company has a new product and its not 100% in the first hours of it hitting the road people are in like see i told you..

Back