'24 AT4X 3.0 Duramax or '24 F150 Tremor 3.5 EB

I really appreciate everyone's input on this matter. It is very helpful. I did find this other form which attests to what people have said here that as long as you don't short the regens, you will be fine. ( ).

Another question I have is pertaining to maintenance costs. I currently own a Tundra and my maintenance costs are around $75-$90 for an oil change, inspection fluid top off and tire rotation. I do this at the standard 5k miles.
What would you recommend on the Duramax?
What are the cost everyone pays from the dealer?
What are the standard DIY costs?
What else are you including in your maintenance and what is that cost?

My cost for the oil change I did myself was about $65 for ACDelco DexosD 0w-20 and a PF-66 filter. I'll be doing all my own aervice work. I'm planning on 5k intervals for oil and tire rotation and 10k for fuel filter and air filter.

I think what you are saying is matching up exactly with what I believe. A lot of people are stuck on the old school mentality and forget that things evolve.

Did you happen to read this article (https://www.motortrend.com/features...20-silverados-new-3-0l-duramax-6-turbodiesel/) and can you shed any light to the new EGR/SCR system?
I swear I forget more than I know. Barta was really great to interview and he was proud of the "SCRF." I did a few interviews with him that are worth the watch. I heard his wife died from cancer. If I ever see him again, I need to remember that and share my condolences.

I don't have anything more to add other than to say I miss my friend Bruce Smith. He wrote that piece.

That's him in this video doing the burnout:

Just watch the first 20 seconds and you'll see it.

Funniest damn part of that video. You couldn't see it but off to the right was this mobile home in the woods. We do the burnout. These redneck southern boys come out with mullets and cans of beer.

"HELL YEAH BROTHER!" "YEEHAW!"

Bruce and I were cracking up.

I swear I forget more than I know. Barta was really great to interview and he was proud of the "SCRF." I did a few interviews with him that are worth the watch. I heard his wife died from cancer. If I ever see him again, I need to remember that and share my condolences.

I don't have anything more to add other than to say I miss my friend Bruce Smith. He wrote that piece.

That's him in this video doing the burnout:

Just watch the first 20 seconds and you'll see it.

Funniest damn part of that video. You couldn't see it but off to the right was this mobile home in the woods. We do the burnout. These redneck southern boys come out with mullets and cans of beer.

"HELL YEAH BROTHER!" "YEEHAW!"

Bruce and I were cracking up.
Very sad about your friend Bruce and sad that RAM discontinued the ECODIESEL.

Very sad about your friend Bruce and sad that RAM discontinued the ECODIESEL.
yeah that came out weird. I'm not sure if Bruce is still around. Last time I heard from him was about 5 years ago. His wife had some medical issues and he retired mostly to take care of her.

My cost for the oil change I did myself was about $65 for ACDelco DexosD 0w-20 and a PF-66 filter. I'll be doing all my own aervice work. I'm planning on 5k intervals for oil and tire rotation and 10k for fuel filter and air filter.
Seems like the maintenance cost is is similar to that of a gasser. I would probably elect to just have the dealership do it as the cost increase may be minimal or so it is for a gas truck. Also what is the average for all the other filters outside of the oil filter?

Seems like the maintenance cost is is similar to that of a gasser. I would probably elect to just have the dealership do it as the cost increase may be minimal or so it is for a gas truck. Also what is the average for all the other filters outside of the oil filter?
I'm still around 3500 miles from my first fuel filter change. I haven't priced it out yet.

Back