2025 Ram 1500 coverage

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Just an FYI, the 2025 Ram 1500 videos will be dropping over the next few days. I have several videos shot and will be putting them out. I've chosen to not launch them all at the embargo time of 12:01 am EST. My sense is that it is too late in the day to launch several videos. Going to launch them during the day instead.

It is a game of launching everyone and getting some international and night owl views vs waiting for more people to be online. There's a thing called initial view velocity and if you don't get a lot of views early on, YouTube will think the video is a dud and won't promote it. That's the theory anyway.

My god, the way Youtube has changed. Remember when it was just a platform for random people to throw cool homemade videos up? Now, it truly is an industry of its own. Not knocking it, just marveling at the evolution of it.

Well, screw it. I vow to hold off watching any other video on the new Ram until I watch yours if it will help. Then I'll mosey over to the TFL comments and screw with all the people bitching about how expensive trucks are today "$70K for a 6cyl! I'd never pay that for only 6!" It'll be interesting to see if they outnumber the Ram haters making the same old silly comments as, "Great, another Ram, another crappy tranny!" Although, I think the Ram fanboys will be up there bitching about the death of last great V8. "The EPA can take my Hemi when the pry my cold dead fingers from around all16 sparkplugs!" It's gonna be a good day Tater.....

AoA had a good review I just watched. He's usually pretty fair.

It really is time for some competition for YT. Everyone complains about the algorithm, I love how its still recommending to me several videos I watched a few times like 10 years ago and they still show up every time I scroll down enough. Other videos from channels I've subscribed to (like Alex on Autos) don't show up in my feed anymore, I actually had to go looking for his review.

Thanks for the videos, Im guessing it will be a while till Banks updates the iDash for Hurricane, one thing I would keep an eye on it turbo temperature. One thing I don't like is the placement of vents beside the infotainment center, with the heater on these things could be prone to overheating and fail, mind you the Sierra is no better, the vents above.

Last edited:
As for the tow hooks, I bet they are only installing them with the off-road package on Laramie-Limited-Tungsten. They figure anyone buying those won't be using them. Makes sense. At least they look like they have the spot to install them. My Sport Laramie does not have them, and I couldn't even install them without cutting up the bumper.

As for the tow hooks, I bet they are only installing them with the off-road package on Laramie-Limited-Tungsten. They figure anyone buying those won't be using them. Makes sense. At least they look like they have the spot to install them. My Sport Laramie does not have them, and I couldn't even install them without cutting up the bumper.
Someone else mentioned about the tow hooks. That's a key detail I should have covered, my fault. And you are right they only come with the Rebel and off-road packages.

Someone else mentioned about the tow hooks. That's a key detail I should have covered, my fault. And you are right they only come with the Rebel and off-road packages.

I bolted them in myself to my truck, all trucks need tow hooks! Even if you don't go offroad, I've pulled a guy out of the ditch in the dead of winter last year and also needed a tug while leaving a sandy campsite once when my 4x4 actutator left the chat due to messy oil changes getting into the cable.

I bolted them in myself to my truck, all trucks need tow hooks! Even if you don't go offroad, I've pulled a guy out of the ditch in the dead of winter last year and also needed a tug while leaving a sandy campsite once when my 4x4 actutator left the chat due to messy oil changes getting into the cable.
"Messy oil changes." Did you see the Youtube short I did on the oil filter placement? I think that's a big fail. I'm so tired of engineers not doing a better job of oil filter placement. I mean Subaru puts it right on top of the oil. How amazing is that! Nobody else, that I know of, does that and I don't understand why. You should have enough oil pressure to circulate the oil through the filter no matter where you put it IMO.

I don't have that option. Definitely helpful sometimes but I always pull from the rear never the front. It's just how I was trained in the military; the drivetrain is just stronger in that direction. I thought of chopping up the front bumper to add some but just left it alone. And honestly have never needed them. The one time I had to get recovered from a snow-ditch, the pulled me out by my rear hitch. Which is probably more than most street trucks will ever encounter.

Video #3. I have one more video dropping at 4 pm talking about pricing. I hate running so much content from one brand, but I feel like I have to strike while the iron is hot. I also have footage of a Ram Limited. I might run that tomorrow doing like a Ram Limited vs Ram Tungsten comparo.

It's Rams day to shine, no need to apologize IMHO. When the other trucks are updated I'm sure we'll see lots of coverage on them as well, it's all good.

I don't have that option. Definitely helpful sometimes but I always pull from the rear never the front. It's just how I was trained in the military; the drivetrain is just stronger in that direction. I thought of chopping up the front bumper to add some but just left it alone. And honestly have never needed them. The one time I had to get recovered from a snow-ditch, the pulled me out by my rear hitch. Which is probably more than most street trucks will ever encounter.

The benefit of having them in the front is that others can pull you out, like what happened to me on the campsite. I had a trailer on the back and was trying to drive out/frontwards but just had no traction in the wet sand (that's what I get for dumping all my freshwater before I left lol). I knew my 4x4 was intermittent but didn't have time to get it warrantied in time so I was very thankful that I had had the tow hooks installed within a month of taking possession.

I'll never tow with a truck that doesn't have front tow hooks but that's just me.

Video #3. I have one more video dropping at 4 pm talking about pricing. I hate running so much content from one brand, but I feel like I have to strike while the iron is hot. I also have footage of a Ram Limited. I might run that tomorrow doing like a Ram Limited vs Ram Tungsten comparo.

Great video again, as for sound at idle, it's so so, I can live with it, a fully loaded truck should be purchased when your retired or getting near, reason being, its worth it to see the faces of your kids have when they see their inheritance go down the drain.

The benefit of having them in the front is that others can pull you out, like what happened to me on the campsite. I had a trailer on the back and was trying to drive out/frontwards but just had no traction in the wet sand (that's what I get for dumping all my freshwater before I left lol). I knew my 4x4 was intermittent but didn't have time to get it warrantied in time so I was very thankful that I had had the tow hooks installed within a month of taking possession.

I'll never tow with a truck that doesn't have front tow hooks but that's just me.
I actually had to recover a Sport like mine from the front. I went under his chin spoiler to the front cross member. Wasn't bad, didn't do any permanent damage.

Back