Recent content by Dusdaddy

  1. D

    New GM V8s are stickless?

    Nope. Pretty much get in and allow the auto climate control to do its thing.
  2. D

    My 2027 Silverado Gets a Build Week and a Mexico Assembly Surprise

    It amazes me how we can follow that much production knowledge now. As for being assembled in Mexico, guess you'll lose out on the tax deduction on the loan interest ....lol
  3. D

    GM teases 8.3L Duramax diesel with Mongoose video

    Doesn't seem like a good name for a very large, very powerful, very tough engine. A mongoose makes me think extremely fast, agile, and ferocious. Something for a sports car. I think truck, I think Rhino. Seems too focused on just screwin' with Ford. Like there aluminum vs steel bed ads. Those...
  4. D

    2027 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra keep Apple CarPlay, Android Auto

    I do like the look of that screen. Should display nice and large camera views. Much better than the vertical design of the Ram.
  5. D

    2023-2027 Ford F-150 Recall: Fuel Tanks May Leak or Detach in 223K Trucks

    Reporting about a recall with Ford is like reporting that it's hot and humid in Florida; not exactly surprising.
  6. D

    New GM V8s are stickless?

    It's no different than power windows, auto headlights, climate control, etc. It's just going to become so common place we won't even notice anymore. Now, I get in and I don't need to adjust temp, my fan, turn the headlights on, just put it in drive and go. And I'm ok with that.
  7. D

    New GM V8s are stickless?

    lol...until Ford announces the same. Seems like that is the future. I admit, I probably check it now four times as often then I did when I had to open the hood.
  8. D

    New GM V8s are stickless?

    Hey Tim, I read on The Drive that the new GM V8s will arrive sans oil dipsticks. Between your RHO and your new GM, you're going to forget how to lift the hood!....lol
  9. D

    4 RAM Rev pictured between LA and LV doing hot weather testing

    I hope the tech is a winner so it will become more common. We all know if it sells, the other brands will jump all over it. The question will be, what will the other makers use for the gas engine portion? GM the 2.7? Seems too complicated for the simple requirement. The old GM 4.3L would make a...
  10. D

    What’s one truck maintenance issue you wish you had caught earlier?

    Rust protection. I actually needed my frame welded on my 2011. It's the main reason I chose to replace it this year. Mechanically sound but the rust is getting out of hand.
  11. D

    Broke down 300 miles from home.

    Wow, that's an odd one. Don't hear about a rash of those.
  12. D

    Newly retired .

    Not a popular selling point so makers don't stress it. I'd probably suggest something with an off-road package like Ford FX4. They usually come with modified suspensions.
  13. D

    2027 Toyota TRD Pro gets Honeycomb paint, new FOX shocks, & Tow Hooks!

    God help me, but I cannot deny that I've always liked the Solar Octane color. Something with pop is always better than the plain old grey that are all the rage. Sadly, no one wants to branch out in color, and I just settled on plain old silver for my new ride.
  14. D

    Broke down 300 miles from home.

    Good to hear! Hopefully the good news continues.
  15. D

    2027 Toyota Tundra Changes Deliver the Upgrades Owners Have Been Waiting For

    That's the problem today, if anyone says anything positive, they're bought and paid for. On the other side, if they say anything negative, they don't know what they're talking about because obviously it is the greatest thing ever!
Back
Top