Where are the '24 Canyons?

Dusdaddy

Anybody hear when the 2024 Canyons will hit the street? I went by my local GMC dealer to see what he had and there was zero on the lot. Instead of spending time driving, I went to the website, and it is showing "0" 2024 Canyons within 500 miles. Are they still that backed up from the strike that they are still pumping out 2023s? Seems odd that they wouldn't have just flipped over to the new MY by now.

Anybody hear when the 2024 Canyons will hit the street? I went by my local GMC dealer to see what he had and there was zero on the lot. Instead of spending time driving, I went to the website, and it is showing "0" 2024 Canyons within 500 miles. Are they still that backed up from the strike that they are still pumping out 2023s? Seems odd that they wouldn't have just flipped over to the new MY by now.
It was UAW strike and now parts.

Are there any changes, or is it just a bump in the year?
One change I noticed was that all models have the larger 11" driver's screen now instead of just the Denali. Makes sense as the smaller screen really looked silly with all the blank space around it.

I’ve seen one or two of them at the dealership. They were already sold units so all I could is look. They claim Strike, Parts whatever excuse GM wants to use so they don’t have to offer incentives on the midsize trucks. Same reason they cut back production on the full-size trucks. Now they have a TSB for roofs denting, so they’ll place blame on that.

I inquired about a Colorado ZR2 (because I’ve got to many options and want something new 🤣) was told it will be anywhere between 3-12 months. 🙄

I’ve seen one or two of them at the dealership. They were already sold units so all I could is look. They claim Strike, Parts whatever excuse GM wants to use so they don’t have to offer incentives on the midsize trucks. Same reason they cut back production on the full-size trucks. Now they have a TSB for roofs denting, so they’ll place blame on that.

I inquired about a Colorado ZR2 (because I’ve got to many options and want something new 🤣) was told it will be anywhere between 3-12 months. 🙄
Were they actual 24s or leftover 23s? Stopped by a dealer this week and he said they haven't shipped 24s yet. He's a dealer so I have obvious doubts of his truthfulness whenever he opens his mouth.

Were they actual 24s or leftover 23s? Stopped by a dealer this week and he said they haven't shipped 24s yet. He's a dealer so I have obvious doubts of his truthfulness whenever he opens his mouth.
Honestly, I don’t recall as it’s not on the lot anymore.

Honestly, I don’t recall as it’s not on the lot anymore.
It was a 23’ I went back and looked at it when it was unlocked. Very nice interior quality. Only negatives I’d say is not sure how well the White leatherette interior pieces will stand the test of time. I wish they would have offered atleast exterior color matched pieces.

gm-plant-wentzville-2862642877.jpeg
Look two vehicles up from the truck in the foreground, its either an Express or Savana. This is GM Wentzville, the only plant that makes mid size trucks and full size vans in the company,

https://www.admiral.com/magazine/guides/van/new-van-shortage

From the needs of commercial firms (whose fleet contracts keep you alive in the down periods) to the #vanlife craze accelerated by the COVID-19, the need for vans is a strong if not stronger than the new midsize trucks, which are more halo "young and adventurous" vehicles. Corporate, even under Silly Mary, has to keep long time customers coming back happy and the 25-35 midsize buyer may have to wait...Especially when their wealthier friends need a van for 4x4 conversion and outfitting; their three month Rocky Man trip can't wait.

https://www.quigley4x4.com

Just heard about a stop sale a few minuets ago .. Tim should have a better idea .

I went and looked at a 23 This past weekend. When I talked to the GM, he said they just started production of 24s last week for after a five week stop sale.

My guess they won’t start showing until End or March possibly.

https://www.autonews.com/technology/2024-gmc-canyon-chevrolet-colorado-sales-paused-fix-software

Details behind a paywall, so not much more, other than software...Another emissions issue?

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/...-vehicle-shift-loosens-up-rules-evs-still.htm

Getting tougher on emissions, even if the timeline stretches out.
Ah, software.

The software in new trucks is actually pretty damn tricky. What I mean is automakers use suppliers for software and they do all the validation. So, one supplier could have a piece of code screwed up and they have to validate the fix through like a dozen other software companies. Automakers have gotten good and building vehicles. They are not software companies historically.

Damn Tim! I gave you the scoop weeks ago and you dropped it! You could made the first video announcing it...lol

Somebody made a comment on a youtube video how they noticed Colorados stacking up in a parking lot near his house straight from the line.

Back