For the RAM HD, my wish list would contain:
an upgrade to the GVWR for the 2500 class of pickup,
the cab of the 1500 on the 2500,
outboard power,
a better gas engine,
more payload for the power wagon!

Edit: a longer 6 foot box.

Last edited:
To be clear: Not much and nothing official. But it looks like the base diesel is being dropped, and we expect to see some of the tech and design upgrades from the 1500 to trickle up. If you had a wish list of features for this truck, what would you put on it?

Our complete story with predictions: https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2024/07/2025-ram-heavy-duty-to-drop-s-o-diesel-more-changes/

At the top of my list would be that they keep the looks the same and don't continue to turn their trucks into SUVs.

Second would be that it becomes once again competitive in the market with GM and Ford without the ridiculous price tag that Stellantis, Jeep and RAM keep putting on everything. HP, Torque, Payload and Towing numbers. Doesn't have to be class leading at all, that's Ford's silly game.

Third ties to two but would be upping the GVWR of their 3/4 ton trucks to compete in the market and return to leafs in the rear for better stability when towing. They initially said they were making that move to save weight and distinguish its ride but I think all it really did was hurt there towing comfort and GCWR.

To be clear: Not much and nothing official. But it looks like the base diesel is being dropped, and we expect to see some of the tech and design upgrades from the 1500 to trickle up. If you had a wish list of features for this truck, what would you put on it?

Our complete story with predictions: https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2024/07/2025-ram-heavy-duty-to-drop-s-o-diesel-more-changes/
I’ve always considered the 3/4 ton segment a towing machine and/or a work related vehicle. So power on board, zone lighting, at least a 6’ bed, bed tie downs, leaf springs, V-8 gas or diesel, remote trailer hookup for camera, knobs for interior controls.

I’ve always considered the 3/4 ton segment a towing machine and/or a work related vehicle. So power on board, zone lighting, at least a 6’ bed, bed tie downs, leaf springs, V-8 gas or diesel, remote trailer hookup for camera, knobs for interior controls.
Sounds like you are a fan of the Ford Super Duty trucks then. They have all that stuff.

Sounds like you are a fan of the Ford Super Duty trucks then. They have all that stuff.
I’ve owned two 3/4 tons; the first an ‘86 F-250 that I kept 23 years with over 300,000 miles (5.0 liter gas) and the second, which I still own, is a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD (6.0 liter gas). Both trucks were regular cab and 8’ bed setup with headache rack and tool box. No complaints about either one. My ‘23 GMC SIERRA with the 3 liter diesel is way more comfortable with a fair amount of creature comforts. It has more power than either of the 3/4 tons but that’s to be expected living at 7,500’.

Back