What other YouTube channels are you subscribed to?

Fightnfire

I would assume if you're here you are subscribed to Pickup Truck Plus Suv, so, that's a given. I'm curious what some of you are watching besides Tim for content.

Here's my list: (No specific order but MeatEater is BY FAR #1 and I don't hunt...always wanted to)

TFL (Truck and Off-Road) - My first introduction to truck review YouTube. They're at their best when they have 3-4 vehicles at the same time and take them on a trip for comparison reviews.

Vice Grip Garage (Derek Bieri) - Made a name for him self doing 1-2 hour long barn find restorations on older vehicles. Not restorations really but getting them back on the road. Great guy that's easy to listen to. One of the funnier dudes I watch. The best by the ear mechanic I've ever seen.

Truck King (Howard and Stephen Elmer) - Father son Combo, son (Stephen) was on TFL as a guest for a while and now does his own thing. Similar to TFL Off road but they have property set up in a way that actually compares like vehicle performance off road. Truck focused.

Driving Sports TV (Ryan Douthit) - Great hands on review content. Plus, he's in my neck of the woods the PNW so I relate to his content and recognize where he is doing most of his testing. Good solid breakdowns of the vehicles. All types of vehicles.

Meateater (Steven Rinella) - Favortie channel by far. Hunting, Convservation, History... all things hunting/fishing with a nod towards biology and education.

Tinkerer's Garage - Engineer who is an overlander and mostly Toyota based. Hands down the best content on technical aspects of various off road issues. Sway bars, wheel travel etc. Doesn't make a TON of videos but when he does they're extremely informational.

Dons Life - Introduced to him as an AT4 owner who's specialty is modifying his vehicles and walking you through the process. Currently has a GMC AT4, Chevy Corvetter and Cadillac Escalade. Will probably be unsubscribing soon to make room for Texas Trucks. Nothing against him I'm just done with my truck and don't plan on doing any more mods to it. You don't have to have one of his vehicles to watch, his guides go over a ton of stuff applicable to any vehicle.

Soon to be possibly subscribed to:
The Getty Adventures - Reviews trucks from the perspective of a heavy duty diesel mechanic and towing review videos. I really like his insights but I'm not 100% sold yet. Definitely RAM heavy and a little biased.

Texas Trucks - New guys I've been watching and then recently saw them on PT+. Seem to do a good job and I REALLY appreciate the back and forth and differening opinions. I think that's why I liked TFL so much early on, two people allow for more opinions and calling bullshit when needed.

I'm picky and don't subscribe to a ton but watch all of their content pretty religously.

Last edited:
This is a great thread idea. I'll be curious to hear from others. Thanks for listing the channels and the why.

If I'm being honest I'm curious what's out there that I should be watching. Most of the channels I watch I stumbled into via you tube suggestions with the exception of MeatEater. That started as a show I watched years ago and now it's all on youtube and has branched off in several directions. Their podcast is my favorite listen, every Monday with a trivia show on Wednesdays.

I would assume if you're here you are subscribed to Pickup Truck Plus Suv, so, that's a given. I'm curious what some of you are watching besides Tim for content.

Here's my list: (No specific order but MeatEater is BY FAR #1 and I don't hunt...always wanted to)

TFL (Truck and Off-Road) - My first introduction to truck review YouTube. They're at their best when they have 3-4 vehicles at the same time and take them on a trip for comparison reviews.

Vice Grip Garage (Derek Bieri) - Made a name for him self doing 1-2 hour long barn find restorations on older vehicles. Not restorations really but getting them back on the road. Great guy that's easy to listen to. One of the funnier dudes I watch. The best by the ear mechanic I've ever seen.

Truck King (Howard and Stephen Elmer) - Father son Combo, son (Stephen) was on TFL as a guest for a while and now does his own thing. Similar to TFL Off road but they have property set up in a way that actually compares like vehicle performance off road. Truck focused.

Driving Sports TV (Ryan Douthit) - Great hands on review content. Plus, he's in my neck of the woods the PNW so I relate to his content and recognize where he is doing most of his testing. Good solid breakdowns of the vehicles. All types of vehicles.

Meateater (Steven Rinella) - Favortie channel by far. Hunting, Convservation, History... all things hunting/fishing with a nod towards biology and education.

Tinkerer's Garage - Engineer who is an overlander and mostly Toyota based. Hands down the best content on technical aspects of various off road issues. Sway bars, wheel travel etc. Doesn't make a TON of videos but when he does they're extremely informational.

Dons Life - Introduced to him as an AT4 owner who's specialty is modifying his vehicles and walking you through the process. Currently has a GMC AT4, Chevy Corvetter and Cadillac Escalade. Will probably be unsubscribing soon to make room for Texas Trucks. Nothing against him I'm just done with my truck and don't plan on doing any more mods to it. You don't have to have one of his vehicles to watch, his guides go over a ton of stuff applicable to any vehicle.

The Getty Adventures - Reviews trucks from the perspective of a heavy duty diesel mechanic and towing review videos. I really like his insights but I'm not 100% sold yet. Definitely RAM heavy and a little biased.

Texas Trucks - New guys I've been watching and then recently saw them on PT+. Seem to do a good job and I REALLY appreciate the back and forth and differening opinions. I think that's why I liked TFL so much early on, two people allow for more opinions and calling bullshit when needed.

I'm picky and don't subscribe to a ton but watch all of their content pretty religously.

Alex Getty is not Ram heavy at all. Check out his video play list and its mostly Ford content in the last year+. His older videos were mostly Ram but that's because he only owned Ram and that's what he had access to.

What I like about Alex is that he is dead honest. You're allowed to have a preference for a truck (Ram/Cummins/PowerWagon in his case), but it doesn't influence his reviews. He loves the Hemi, but you'll notice that he puts the 5.0 on top for overall reliability/longevity and the 3.5 as the best engine for towing. In other words, his preference doesn't get in the way of leaving accurate information.

I watch Truck King for years as well, same with VGG. Both really good content. Don't know any of the others and I don't watch TFL because I can't stand Roman. <--- now there is a guy with serious brand bias getting in the way.

Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics - electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and is especially good with an OBDII scanner, oscilloscope, and various unsundry electrical diagnostics.

The Care Car Nut - master Toyota technician and repair shop owner. This guy helped me diagnose a wheel bearing issue that a Toyota dealer couldn’t.

DEMONWORKS - This guy specifically deals with the GM 3 liter diesel and aftermarket products for this engine. He is also a GM mechanic.

South Main Auto - repair shop owner good at mechanical/electrical repairs for all vehicles that are dropped off at his shop.

I dropped TFL after their Alaska boondoggle with a Ford Lightning. IMO they should be called an infomercial channel.

I have a lot of subscriptions in different areas. Some in the tech space, outdoors, overlanding and others still.
Here are a few of my favorites, besides Pickup Truck +SUV talk of course,

TFL, I don't like all of the content they do, but I do watch most of it.

All Terrain Nation, I don't watch everything there, but I like the podcasts with multiple guests.

Project Farm is fun to see how different products perform against each other. I do hate to see good things get broken sometimes though.

Matt's Off Road and Recovery is a great channel too. I like the build outs and recoveries.

Ozark Overland Adventures Matt and Kara make some good videos and they are very nice in person as well.

Independence Overland has some good videos. Tyler is a diesel mechanic and really puts a lot of time and effort into his videos. I messaged with him some too and he's always been helpful.

Texas Truck and Truck King are great too. I watch a good deal of TRDJon and Driving Sports TV too.

In other areas I like MKBHDs videos and have for several years. He's branched out to cars too some. Mostly tech.

I have a bunch of others that dip into here and there as well, but this is already super long. I promise I don't watch videos all day either.

I have a lot of subscriptions in different areas. Some in the tech space, outdoors, overlanding and others still.

All Terrain Nation, I don't watch everything there, but I like the podcasts with multiple guests.

Project Farm is fun to see how different products perform against each other. I do hate to see good things get broken sometimes though.

Matt's Off Road and Recovery is a great channel too. I like the build outs and recoveries.

Ozark Overland Adventures Matt and Kara make some good videos and they are very nice in person as well.

Independence Overland has some good videos. Tyler is a diesel mechanic and really puts a lot of time and effort into his videos. I messaged with him some too and he's always been helpful.

Texas Truck and Truck King are great too. I watch a good deal of TRDJon and Driving Sports TV too.

In other areas I like MKBHDs videos and have for several years. He's branched out to cars too some. Mostly tech.

I have a bunch of others that dip into here and there as well, but this is already super long. I promise I don't watch videos all day either.

Matts Offroad, Fab Rats, Trail Mater; this is all amazing content! Love the "engineering" they do and of course hearing those chevy small blocks light up with the glass packs they're running. I just watched the latest from MORR this morning and man does that snow cat ever sound awesome.

Project farm, I totally forgot about that channel but I watch his stuff consistently when it involves any product I'm interested in. It took me a while to get used to his rapid fire approach but his techniques are spot on and I appreciate that he is self-funded.

Between YouTube and Podcasts

• TFL
  • The Truck Show
  • DeamonWorks (GMC focused)
  • Big Truck Big RV
  • Texas Trucks
  • Truck King
  • Car Stuff Podcast (more Jill)
  • Engineering Explained (automotive engineering focus)
  • Drive4Answers (also engineering focused)
  • The Getty Adventures (Diesel mechanic talking about diesel stuff)

Last edited:
Between YouTube and Podcasts

• TFL
  • The Truck Show
  • DeamonWorks (GMC focused)
  • Big Truck Big RV
  • Texas Trucks
  • Truck King
  • Car Stuff Podcast (more Jill)
  • Engineering Explained (automotive engineering focus)
  • Drive4Answers (also engineering focused)
  • The Getty Adventures (Diesel mechanic talking about diesel stuff)
That's interesting you mention more Jill. Sometimes it seems to her she gets some hate from our audience. I find having her perspective valuable. What do you think?

That's interesting you mention more Jill. Sometimes it seems to her she gets some hate from our audience. I find having her perspective valuable. What do you think?
I think that Jill brings a unique perspective, seems very knowledgeable about each topic and I admire her ‘in your face’ attitude. The dynamic between her and Tom Appel is entertaining, with the quiz being my favorite part of the show. Jill usually does much better with Toms questions than I do.

Reviews and other stuff:

Car Dujour by Jill
TFL truck and classic
Sarah N Tuned - love her builds
HPI Guys workshop - Model car builds!
Trout and Coffee - relaxing cabin and travel vlog
Hannah Lee Dugan - Interactive vlogs where I yell incessantly at the risks she takes while building things. (Majorly impressed with her willingness to try things she's never done.)

Those are my subscriptions. Others I watch are:

The Left Pedal
Tavarish when doing the challenges
Various old truck reviews and some restorations
Trek Culture
Brain Blaze
Ally the piper
Vinwiki

No fans of Dougy here? THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISS... is the new....
Good point. I’ve only watched a handful of his videos myself. Just not my favorite to watch.

Honestly, I don’t watch much YouTube for enjoyment. Seems strange, I know, but I watch enough other truck channels during the week like TFL and Truck King, I don’t have any interest in watching more. I’m trying to get beyond that and push myself to watch more.

Back