Used Prices Have Me Rethinking the Tacoma Purchase

Same guy from a dealership said he looked nationwide about 95% are on QC hold. 30 years at Toyota and he's never seen this number on hold before.

I do appreciate the well thought out comments here everyone. The Bronco has had a good deal of issues in it's first few years, and after driving it today, as @GMT 900 said, I probably would regret it. I'll stick with the Taco and they'l deliver it someday.

@testerdahl my wife agrees with you about not adding tires so we may go that way and save a few bucks for now. I know the truck will get us wherever we want to go, I'm mostly worried about protecting the investment in the truck and still getting out to do the things we want, but that's a good call out. I do wish they gave you a non-temp spare tire with the Off-road package though.

@Fightnfire I appreciated your comment about trying the Bronco and getting a used 4th gen in the future, unfortunately, but even without other mods to the vehicle, we'll be sinking a decent amount of money into the build out and I really want to try and keep this vehicle for a long time. So I think that has been part of my trying to get it right. Thanks for your thoughts.

@All Terrain Nation Those look like super fun trails to run and the Bronco definitely handled them very well. It's very capable!

@NMTRUCKER thanks for recommending looking other forums, posts and videos. It was a good idea and learned a lot about the Bronco pretty quickly.

@zonedout we really were thinking about going used about a year ago, but we are trying to live with just one vehicle in the household so it has serve multiple needs and if was a year ago I probably would have gone with the Ranger. I really liked that truck when I drove it, but then everyone had to go and redesign/update their trucks!

Anyway, thanks everyone!

Back