Trailhunter and TRD Pro pricing

I am not really sold on the new Tacoma with what happened to TFLs Tacoma, I am pretty sure the front differential is the same on an a cheap base model SR as the TRD pro or Trail hunter.
I know they said it was the ADD assembly, but didn't they also say it was basically the same part as the previous gens? Sure, some broke on 3rd gens but nothing massive. And have there been any other 2024s with the same issue that have been found? I figure if there was a single other on a forum or somewhere else, it would be plastered all over the internet.

I know they said it was the ADD assembly, but didn't they also say it was basically the same part as the previous gens? Sure, some broke on 3rd gens but nothing massive. And have there been any other 2024s with the same issue that have been found? I figure if there was a single other on a forum or somewhere else, it would be plastered all over the internet.
Btw, I talked to Toyota, off the record, on the TFL Tacoma. Let’s just say they weren’t happy about it and that part is and has been used globally for years.

Btw, I talked to Toyota, off the record, on the TFL Tacoma. Let’s just say they weren’t happy about it and that part is and has been used globally for years.

Werent happy about it breaking or weren't happy with something TFL did? I'm sure they use it globally but it is worth questioning if it's capable of handling that much torque...reliably.

A lot of guys are going to put better tires on that truck right away which is just going to increase the torque load on the front diff with a significantly more pre-existing engine torque.

That's what I thought as well. Being used globally doesn't really point to a 2024 Tacoma problem. Actually, I don't feel it really points to any problem. Just an unfortunate coincidence of a part breaking on video. Just bad luck for Toyota. Not like when Roman's Chevy had the update/battery issue that bricked his truck for a while. That incident was reported all over the country with so many others. Still wouldn't stop me from buying one though, because that could easily happen to any brand at any time.

Back