Titan is dead, why?

The guy at work has a Nissan Titan regular cab long bed 4x4, its a pretty rare sight, I kind of like Nissan pickups because when I was a kid my grandfather bought a new 1988 Hardbody RCSB Automatic that we still have, the body is completely rusted, but it still fires right up, I think the only thing mechanical that has been done to it is a new flexplate, I still remember getting home from school and seeing a new pickup sitting in grandpas parking spot, so far as know its the only new vehicle he ever bought.
The Nissan replaced a 1970 Chevy C10 short bed which would be worth big money these days.
What's the replacement parts availability for that hardbody? I know I have tons of classic Chevy parts catalogs. Is there anything for old Nissan trucks?

I still find myself tempted by a Titan, but with them going away, how big of an impact should someone anticipate with getting parts and service a few years down the road when that 5 year / 100k warranty runs out? Speaking of service, I saw an article online yesterday that JD Powers survey showed Nissan having highest customer satisfaction with getting service done at their dealerships. Chevy was #2. Ford and Ram were at the bottom, Toyota in the middle. Not sure how much stock to put in one survey, but as I consider which truck to get someday, that’s a factor.

Nope. They announced two new EV SUVs will get built at that plant instead.
Am i the only one that finds it strange that Nissan and Toyota aren't coming out with a Maverick competitor? Nissan and Toyota started with compact trucks and now Ford and Hyundai are eating their compact truck lunch, I have heard about a Toyota Stout rumblings but nothing concrete yet.

Am i the only one that finds it strange that Nissan and Toyota aren't coming out with a Maverick competitor? Nissan and Toyota started with compact trucks and now Ford and Hyundai are eating their compact truck lunch, I have heard about a Toyota Stout rumblings but nothing concrete yet.
I doubt Nissan will with their collaboration with Fisker on the Alaska. And you just know Toyota will bring out the Stout but they probably wanna hold back until the Taco release is well settled. The Ram Rampage is another one that may show up, but I wish Ram would develop a new Dakota instead. A mid-size ram with their existing V6 would be nice. No need for the turbo I6. And I'd love a version with the split tailgate. Stellantis hung their hopes on the Gladiator so they don't want any Dakota to steal what little sales they have. Probably won't happen due to CAFE limits.

I doubt Nissan will with their collaboration with Fisker on the Alaska. And you just know Toyota will bring out the Stout but they probably wanna hold back until the Taco release is well settled. The Ram Rampage is another one that may show up, but I wish Ram would develop a new Dakota instead. A mid-size ram with their existing V6 would be nice. No need for the turbo I6. And I'd love a version with the split tailgate. Stellantis hung their hopes on the Gladiator so they don't want any Dakota to steal what little sales they have. Probably won't happen due to CAFE limits.
I've heard from reliable sources a compact Toyota Stout is pretty much a done deal and will be out this year.

I just found out yesterday my 2019 Nissan Titan (49k miles) has the dreaded cylinder 7 knock and needs a new small block. I am super lucky Nissan has that 5 year 100k mile warranty on the truck. So it will take about 2 weeks to get her back but won't cost me a dime. Anyone else experience something like this? A last min warranty claim handled by the manufacturer?

A Stout would get me to the Toyota dealer, hopefully it will kind of truckish not an SUV with the back cut off.

It's interesting for sure, is it going to be more Santa Cruz like or Truck like? One I could see pulling people in the other not.

I just found out yesterday my 2019 Nissan Titan (49k miles) has the dreaded cylinder 7 knock and needs a new small block. I am super lucky Nissan has that 5 year 100k mile warranty on the truck. So it will take about 2 weeks to get her back but won't cost me a dime. Anyone else experience something like this? A last min warranty claim handled by the manufacturer?
Not me, it always goes the other way. Shit breaks two miles after the warranty dies....

Back