THE DIESEL EXHAUST SYSTEM AND SOOT ACCUMULATION

"If the calculated mileage is more than the actual mileage, the vehicle would be considered a vehicle that idles a lot and this information may be useful in diagnosing any issues."

Goes to my point on excessive idling.
So for those wanting to know if their diesel truck is idling too much here is the formula:
Total Engine Hours X 33 miles (or 53 km) = X
Now if the calculated mileage (X) is less than the odometer mileage the vehicle does not spend an excessive time idling. So as an example my truck has about 350 engine hours, therefore, X = 350 x 33 = 11,550 and my actual mileage is 14,500. So according to the GM engineers my truck does not idle excessively.

So for those wanting to know if their diesel truck is idling too much here is the formula:
Total Engine Hours X 33 miles (or 53 km) = X
Now if the calculated mileage (X) is less than the odometer mileage the vehicle does not spend an excessive time idling. So as an example my truck has about 350 engine hours, therefore, X = 350 x 33 = 11,550 and my actual mileage is 14,500. So according to the GM engineers my truck does not idle excessively.
Dude I can't do math. That's why I became a journalist. I just have to write about numbers, not figure them out. :)

Back