That one time Genesis GV80 park assist kicked me out of the vehicle 😳😂

jillciminillo

Administrator
Staff member
We talked about park assist last night on the live stream, and we went into the way back machine when I was driving the Genesis GV80 and was testing the system. The vehicle kicked me out. Tim found the video on the channel, so I figured I'd post here for your viewing pleasure. Most park assist systems want you in the vehicle while it's operating. Not this one. 😂

What do you all think of these systems? Like? Don't like? Would you ever use them?

"I'm Sorry Jill, you are not trusted to park"

- Hal, err Genesis GV80

Definitely artificial, but not intelligence...Wants you to leave your locked vehicle...In Chicago

We talked about park assist last night on the live stream, and we went into the way back machine when I was driving the Genesis GV80 and was testing the system. The vehicle kicked me out. Tim found the video on the channel, so I figured I'd post here for your viewing pleasure. Most park assist systems want you in the vehicle while it's operating. Not this one. 😂

What do you all think of these systems? Like? Don't like? Would you ever use them?
lol ...those Hyundai systems are pretty cool. I like how they'll do the same thing for perpendicular parking as well. I just don't see me standing around in the row at Walmart though doing it. But it will work well if you have tight garage space, that could be a great application of it.

When I took my driver’s test 56 years ago parallel parking was a requirement for passing the test. I wonder if it’s still required and if it is could you just push a button and voila the car does it itself. But officer it was the cars fault 😮

lol ...those Hyundai systems are pretty cool. I like how they'll do the same thing for perpendicular parking as well. I just don't see me standing around in the row at Walmart though doing it. But it will work well if you have tight garage space, that could be a great application of it.
I've actually tried to use park assist to get into my garage before (because neighbor parks to close to the middle), and I haven't been able to get them to activate yet. I'll have to keep trying.

"I'm Sorry Jill, you are not trusted to park"

- Hal, err Genesis GV80

Definitely artificial, but not intelligence...Wants you to leave your locked vehicle...In Chicago
Sometimes I feel like technology is leading me to my death. Like when I follow Waze through a shortcut that leads me to an abandoned warehouse district on the west side of Chicago. 😂

When I took my driver’s test 56 years ago parallel parking was a requirement for passing the test. I wonder if it’s still required and if it is could you just push a button and voila the car does it itself. But officer it was the cars fault 😮
It was required when I took my test, and I do still see people teaching their kids in parking lots with cones and trash cans how to parallel park, so I assume it's still a requirement. ...

I've actually tried to use park assist to get into my garage before (because neighbor parks to close to the middle), and I haven't been able to get them to activate yet. I'll have to keep trying.
Had that problem in Germany for a bit as the other tenant (American Teacher) using the garage was in the spot near the exit door to the house and liked a wide berth to open her door and go through that door, She had a first gen S40, a Dutch-built Volvo sharing its chassis/build site with a Mitsubishi (Carisma), so no need to park so far over. I had a US Saturn SC2 "Coo-Pay" with the plastic sheathed doors. A fact I mentioned to her when I told her I never got a door ding but in showing her the doors, made sure to point the beveled hard plastic side ends of my driver door (GM knew they would expand, so my panel gaps were in the Panama Canal class).

Funny, she started parking more to the left after that interchange.

Back