Should we post where to find classic trucks and SUVs?

Saddle Tramp

I don't want to turn this place into a weird Craigslist, but given that some like older trucks, maybe we should show what you can find out there?

I've been reading Tom Cotter's America's Greatest Road Trip!: Key West to Deadhorse: 9000 Miles Across Backroad USA. Tom's the host of the Barnfinder podcast and the book points out a couple of interesting finds during the trip including one guy that had 1000's of vintage tractors and another who had some Canadian built COE pickups from the 50's.

Got this email the other day.

Hi,
I wanted to let you know about a very interesting collection just North of Sanger, TX. On May 26th, 2024 it just missed the Sanger tornado. Mr. Phillips lost a barn, motorhome, and cattle trailer, near the collection. But no damage to the collection. There are over 80 of them, that is amazing. You can see some, but not that many! Mostly all GMC pickups and 1954 models to boot. Rare panels and more for restore, rod, and parts. Pickups are very popular and this is amazing and I think would be a great story. Mike Philliips is an amazing man with decorated Air Force career. He's now quite ill and selling his collection. I would love to see him get some attention for his collection he spent many years accumulating from around the US. He also had quite the career flying fighter planes and experimental missions.

Mr. Phillips piloted many missions while in the Air Force flying Fighter jets. But after he retired, he made it a Mission to seek out GMC Pickups and Trucks with a few Chevrolets thrown in. Mr. Phillips went all over the U.S. to find them. He primarily collected 1954’s including Rare Pickups with 9ft. Boxes, 5 Window Cab Pickups, and more. For Mr. Phillips, everyone could have a Chevrolet, but GMC Pickups were tougher and more of a mission to find. In between raising Long Horn cattle, and ranching, he accumulated over 80 GMC Pickups and Trucks. Mr. Phillips has had some health issues and decided to sell his collection.
I have enclosed a story that I wrote and some pictures and him talking about his collection. It would be a great story amongst quite a bit of bad news lately. he's a cool guy with cool trucks. People love car stories. Feel free to use any of the pictures and video that I took. VanDerBrink Auctions is selling the collection now, in an online only auction. Thank you so very much for your time and hoope you talk to Mr. Phillips about his amazing collection and life story.

Yvette VanDerBrink

Here's a nice 1987 Chevy S-10 with slightly over 105,000 miles on it for $5,500.

Is this the age, mileage, price, and condition that the commenters want?

Barn Finds - S-10 - California
You know, I just saw an S-10 towing a camper the other day I should have taken a picture of. It was mid 1990s and in immaculate condition. I had my boys with me, so I didn’t have a lot of time to spare. You know teenage boys aren’t exactly the most patient types. I wanted to talk with the guy and get his story.

Back