Semper Fi. 2024 Tundra Limited....questions for ya!

Got to see the original movie over at Incirlik AB in '86. We were acting as the 440 Tactical Fighter Med at the time and it was the first showing for most all of us...And later in the evening. The theater was filled with F-16A jocks and the comments during the flying scenes were priceless. Let's just say Mav, Goose, Iceman and Slider and their Tomcats were thought to be easy pickings in the knife fights shown in the movie.
I fist saw the movie shortly after I got out. First impression, who ever wrote this has no idea how call signs work.

Got to see the original movie over at Incirlik AB in '86. We were acting as the 440 Tactical Fighter Med at the time and it was the first showing for most all of us...And later in the evening. The theater was filled with F-16A jocks and the comments during the flying scenes were priceless. Let's just say Mav, Goose, Iceman and Slider and their Tomcats were thought to be easy pickings in the knife fights shown in the movie.
I’ve heard that the maneuvers from the first Top Gun were largely unrealistic. I’ve skimmed some fighter pilot videos discussing the 2nd movie. That one seems like it is more favored by those pilots.

I fist saw the movie shortly after I got out. First impression, who ever wrote this has no idea how call signs work.
lol....you got that right. We had a stick-wiggler with a callsign of "Velvet". So named because he had a massive mat of chest-hair. Another called "Dasher" because he dashed out of a restaurant leaving his date to pay the bill.

I’ve heard that the maneuvers from the first Top Gun were largely unrealistic. I’ve skimmed some fighter pilot videos discussing the 2nd movie. That one seems like it is more favored by those pilots.

Nowhere near as many people have seen this movie (The Final Countdown) and I like the F-14 flying in this much better. Lots of backstory too, including a prank the demo Naval Aviators pulled on the female lead, Katherine Ross.

Nowhere near as many people have seen this movie (The Final Countdown) and I like the F-14 flying in this much better. Lots of backstory too, including a prank the demo Naval Aviators pulled on the female lead, Katherine Ross.
Pretty impressive camera work for that era. I wonder how much the F-14s had to slow down to mirror the speed of the Zeros. Looked like a Ferrari chasing a VW Beetle. LOL

Ok so I got $38k for my 2020 Tacoma and the closest dealer to have a 2024 Tundra Limited TRD 4x4 non hybrid is in KASAS, 1400 miles away. They have to ship it.

Where do you guys get your nerf bars, pro grill stuff from? Everything on Amazon is Made in China, I prefer not to buy products made in China if I can avoid it.

Back