Rumble?

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody here watch videos on Rumble? I've created an account and threw up a few videos. I figure another revenue source and a back-up to YouTube would be nice. Not so sure about the far right-wing platform though. Too political for me.

Anybody here watch videos on Rumble? I've created an account and threw up a few videos. I figure another revenue source and a back-up to YouTube would be nice. Not so sure about the far right-wing platform though. Too political for me.
It's always good to have a backup. Youtube censors so many things it's pathetic and it's getting worse. I also find it kind of funny that people label Rumble as far-right. The only reason it exists is because of censorship and demonetization of selective content by youtube. If you follow hickok45 channel, they recently made some videos talking about how the YT terms of service changes subjected their channel to strikes and even deletion from past videos they made. They've been on YT for something like +15 yrs and just managing the old videos is a nightmare. The YT livestreams you and Jill do might have some trigger word that, in the future, gets you a channel strike because of new TOS rules since it's all automated.

I don't blame you for looking at any other backups for the channel or alternate revenue streams. If I think of anything that could help out, I'll definitely let you know...and, I followed you on Rumble now too. (y)

It's always good to have a backup. Youtube censors so many things it's pathetic and it's getting worse. I also find it kind of funny that people label Rumble as far-right. The only reason it exists is because of censorship and demonetization of selective content by youtube. If you follow hickok45 channel, they recently made some videos talking about how the YT terms of service changes subjected their channel to strikes and even deletion from past videos they made. They've been on YT for something like +15 yrs and just managing the old videos is a nightmare. The YT livestreams you and Jill do might have some trigger word that, in the future, gets you a channel strike because of new TOS rules since it's all automated.

I don't blame you for looking at any other backups for the channel or alternate revenue streams. If I think of anything that could help out, I'll definitely let you know...and, I followed you on Rumble now too. (y)
The far right comment comes from how I took how they presented it when they emailed me about joining Rumble a few months ago.

Nope. I can barely stomach YT anymore. Everything is becoming clickbait with no substance or use.

Nope. I can barely stomach YT anymore. Everything is becoming clickbait with no substance or use.
I agree, I feel the same way sometimes looking at YT.
Tim may be right about the YT break… I may take one as well. If I read too many peoples comments the negative comments and basher type comments just get repetitive and tiring.
On the other hand… I took a Quick Look at what was on the main rumble page and I felt like I was looking at the old “National Enquirer” headlines at the checkout counter. Shows my age for that reference. It looked like clickbait city.

I never let it get too bad. I've never turned YT notifications on or anything. And I never really use it on my phone except to find a reference video while working in the shop. Look through some stuff in the morning while drinking my coffee. The news is too depressing to watch anymore.

I agree, I feel the same way sometimes looking at YT.
Tim may be right about the YT break… I may take one as well. If I read too many peoples comments the negative comments and basher type comments just get repetitive and tiring.
On the other hand… I took a Quick Look at what was on the main rumble page and I felt like I was looking at the old “National Enquirer” headlines at the checkout counter. Shows my age for that reference. It looked like clickbait city.
Probably right. I figure it doesn't cost me anything to upload over there. I think I'll put up say 100 videos and see what happens. They are the same videos I post to YouTube. It just takes me one more step after uploading to video. I use the same title, description and thumbnail.

I think diversifying into other platforms is a great idea. Even if you don't get a lot of views, it's still free advertising at the minimum.

Also, given that "other" post earlier, what about OF? 😂

Definitely turns me off on posting over there if that's going to be the CEO's response.
I actually like that he called them out. More CEO's should do the same. Most of them for years just fell in line with the whole DEI, Blackrock ESG score crap and it's not going well for them. Just look what happened to Tractor Supply, Lowes, Harley Davidson, Bud Light recently.

I actually like that he called them out. More CEO's should do the same. Most of them for years just fell in line with the whole DEI, Blackrock ESG score crap and it's not going well for them. Just look what happened to Tractor Supply, Lowes, Harley Davidson, Bud Light recently.
I think he's a whiner. Regardless of why they don't want to advertise with him, his response is pretty petty and hypocritical.

Yup, he makes me think of Elon Musk. The guy is acting surprise that nobody wants to advertise on twitter anymore when he told advertisers to **** off when he bought the company...
I guess we have different opinions about Elon then. I have nothing but respect for him. He's also going after GARM for acting like a cartel. I don't think people realize what's going on and are quick to jump to conclusions based on what limited media they watch.
I think he's a whiner. Regardless of why they don't want to advertise with him, his response is pretty petty and hypocritical.
The video I watched was less than a minute long and pretty hilarious. Good on him.

Back