RHO RIDE AND DRIVE EVENT???

When are the dates for it…. I heard it was in Texas, is that true?
Not in Texas. I've been sworn to silence since it is a VERY limited group of journalists. Some journalists are going to be left out and they are going to be pissed. FOMO and all that.

I'll say this. I am going. It is in the mitten state. It is 2 weeks away. You figure it out.

Thank you,

Like you I have one on order, mine ships on 18th…

it will be the only real fun new truck out there….

might even be the MT truck of the year 🤫, IMHO

thank you for responding 🥰

when is embargo off?

Thank you,

Like you I have one on order, mine ships on 18th…

it will be the only real fun new truck out there….

might even be the MT truck of the year 🤫, IMHO

thank you for responding 🥰

when is embargo off?
I haven’t been told when the embargo lifts yet. Usually, you only find that out at the event.

Are they only inviting friendly journalists ?
Friendly journalists? Hell no. Ram told me they were excited for me to buy the truck so I can tell them all the things they can improve on. Inviting journalists who only say good things does nothing to help them improve their truck.

It’s a common misconception that I’m going to be all OMG over their trucks. That doesn’t do you, them or consumers any good. I’m looking for stuff I don’t think much more than things I do like. I know my colleagues are the same way.

Can you show us where Stellantis has taken advice and improved a product ,that has cost them money?
Off the top of my mind, I’d say Jeep Wrangler. They ditched the small, useless infotainment screen and went with one larger screen across the board. That cost them the time it took to initially develop two different dashes. They also tried to make it quieter and ride better. Those are all additional R&D costs.

What about the clutch ? and the corrosion issues ? both big ticket items .
I should clarify. Normally at these events you might get one engineer and maybe one or two people within the brand. I can ask the engineer about an issue like you raise and the response is often a canned response they are aware of a few issues and are working on it. It isn’t like there are a dozen people from engineering there to address every issue you’ve seen online. These events are focused on the new product and not looking back.

I look at them like a movie premiere. The actors, director, and producer are going to answer questions about the movie and interacting with each other while on the set but will actively ignore any questions about affairs, personal bankruptcies, and political affiliations.

You want to review the movie? You gotta play by their rules.

I look at them like a movie premiere. The actors, director, and producer are going to answer questions about the movie and interacting with each other while on the set but will actively ignore any questions about affairs, personal bankruptcies, and political affiliations.

You want to review the movie? You gotta play by their rules.
That’s a really accurate analogy.

Back