Restriction?????

RonsSRT1

I went to my dealer two weeks ago and placed an order for a '25 Ram Rebel in hydro blue monotone paint, black side steps with the Rebel 2 package, tri-fold cover, leather/vinyl seats, sunroof, bed utility group, technology group, G/T package, advanced safety group 2 and air suspension. I gave the deposit and the dealer tried placing the order and for two weeks now, it keeps coming back with the message "restriction". Anyone have any idea what that can mean? I called Ram Customer Service and they are clueless there. The guy I talked to said he's sorry and that it means that I missed the ordering date and cutoff, that orders are closed and they will be focusing on the 2026 model after October 1st. I asked how can that be when the 2025 Rams just came out and there are barely any out there on dealer lots and I have yet to see one on the street. If so, there are going to be alot of pissed off people who placed orders, put down a deposit and wont be getting their trucks.

I went to my dealer two weeks ago and placed an order for a '25 Ram Rebel in hydro blue monotone paint, black side steps with the Rebel 2 package, tri-fold cover, leather/vinyl seats, sunroof, bed utility group, technology group, G/T package, advanced safety group 2 and air suspension. I gave the deposit and the dealer tried placing the order and for two weeks now, it keeps coming back with the message "restriction". Anyone have any idea what that can mean? I called Ram Customer Service and they are clueless there. The guy I talked to said he's sorry and that it means that I missed the ordering date and cutoff, that orders are closed and they will be focusing on the 2026 model after October 1st. I asked how can that be when the 2025 Rams just came out and there are barely any out there on dealer lots and I have yet to see one on the street. If so, there are going to be alot of pissed off people who placed orders, put down a deposit and wont be getting their trucks.
I'd assume the guy is correct. My RHO had a small window to order for timeframe. It is just a supply vs demand issue.

So that means what ever is on dealer lots is the entire stock of 2025's they will be getting? The 2025 model year just started maybe two months ago. I did a search in my area and almost every 2025 is either being built or on the lot. When I go to that dealer, they have none on the lots. I asked another dealer and I was told it could also mean that the parts aren't in stock yet to build the vehicles. It just sounds strange.

So that means what ever is on dealer lots is the entire stock of 2025's they will be getting? The 2025 model year just started maybe two months ago. I did a search in my area and almost every 2025 is either being built or on the lot. When I go to that dealer, they have none on the lots. I asked another dealer and I was told it could also mean that the parts aren't in stock yet to build the vehicles. It just sounds strange.
Launching a vehicle so late in the model year really screws things up IMO. New model year typically starts in September/October.

Talked with my salesman and the owner of the dealership yesterday and they said the window for ordering will open again probably around July 1st but depending on how many orders Ram has, the truck might come in as a 2026 model instead of a 2025.

Sorry that's a lot of mis-information.

First - Restriction is irrelevant. The red shading does NOT mean that something cannot be ordered, only means that it may be delayed, and even that is not always true. If it were shaded red for restriction, he'd be able to order it.

Second - Rebel 2025 opened on December 13th of 2023, but the GT and X package didn't open up until April 25th, same day as the RHO. It remained open for a few weeks but lacked the new mojave sand color. Closed sometime a week ago or so, no memo no notice - just closed. We are plenty ways off from ordering 2026s. Production for the Limited, Tungsten, and Longhorn (and RHO) hasn't even started yet (though it should have for the first three). 25's have only just arrived on dealer lots for Bighorn, Laramie, and Tradesman in April.

What we do know is that there are some challenges in supply chain on wheels across CDJR right now which has the Tungsten closed, NIght on Limited closed, and a few other pieces - Rebel may or may not be related don't know for sure. Also SHAP that produces the 1500s is closed at the moment, entirely, but that's planned.

Ram cares is not going to have any answers on what is going on in terms of ordering vehicles.

For an example on how this could happen - the Limited Level A group closed for a few weeks, as did the Advanced Safety group on Lararmies. Came back open and they changed one optoin that was inside the group. RHO closed for 4-5 days after only being open 4-5 days, and then re-opened with no changes at all. It just happens.

Lastly, best not to put down a deposit until you have a signed POC in your hand, to avoid this situation - but at least the dealer does sound like they are being up front about what they are facing, rather than smiling and nodding, which is good.

What you said makes so much more sense to me than anything I was told by Ram. I've bought and leased many vehicles from this dealer since 2013 so I know they aren't trying to screw me over like some dealers would. I just have to have patience (right now Yoda tells Luke, "patience, you must learn patience") which I dont have.

Last edited:
What you said makes so much more sense to me than anything I was told by Ram. I've bought and leased many vehicles from this dealer since 2013 so I know they aren't trying to screw me over like some dealers would. I just have to have patience (right now Yoda tells Luke, "patience, you must learn patience") which I dont have.

No reason for them to delay your order to screw you at all - it's not helping them lol.
It's just that getting info from RAM about what WILL happen is an act of congress, while congress is on vacation... in a bunker....
So unless you're touching the stuff EVERY day you will end up guessing... that's the only thing that annoys me is that isntead of just saying "we don't know" a lot of dealership personnel will guess, trying to guess whatever is going to end the conversation quickest lol.

Sorry that's a lot of mis-information.

First - Restriction is irrelevant. The red shading does NOT mean that something cannot be ordered, only means that it may be delayed, and even that is not always true. If it were shaded red for restriction, he'd be able to order it.

Second - Rebel 2025 opened on December 13th of 2023, but the GT and X package didn't open up until April 25th, same day as the RHO. It remained open for a few weeks but lacked the new mojave sand color. Closed sometime a week ago or so, no memo no notice - just closed. We are plenty ways off from ordering 2026s. Production for the Limited, Tungsten, and Longhorn (and RHO) hasn't even started yet (though it should have for the first three). 25's have only just arrived on dealer lots for Bighorn, Laramie, and Tradesman in April.

What we do know is that there are some challenges in supply chain on wheels across CDJR right now which has the Tungsten closed, NIght on Limited closed, and a few other pieces - Rebel may or may not be related don't know for sure. Also SHAP that produces the 1500s is closed at the moment, entirely, but that's planned.

Ram cares is not going to have any answers on what is going on in terms of ordering vehicles.

For an example on how this could happen - the Limited Level A group closed for a few weeks, as did the Advanced Safety group on Lararmies. Came back open and they changed one optoin that was inside the group. RHO closed for 4-5 days after only being open 4-5 days, and then re-opened with no changes at all. It just happens.

Lastly, best not to put down a deposit until you have a signed POC in your hand, to avoid this situation - but at least the dealer does sound like they are being up front about what they are facing, rather than smiling and nodding, which is good.
Great explanation, very informative!

Just a build status update on my order. My Ram Rebel went to BA status (pending order) on 5/13, C status (tentatively scheduled to be built) on 6/14 and D status (V.I.N. assigned) also on 6/14. Now I'm just playing the waiting game and trying to be patient. When I ordered my SRT Challenger on 5/8/13 it went to D status on 5/9 and didnt go to D1 with a V.I.N. and a set date to be built until 5/14. But then I waited a month before it was actually built, 6/13. I hope I dont have to wait a month with my truck before it goes to D1 status.

Just a build status update on my order. My Ram Rebel went to BA status (pending order) on 5/13, C status (tentatively scheduled to be built) on 6/14 and D status (V.I.N. assigned) also on 6/14. Now I'm just playing the waiting game and trying to be patient. When I ordered my SRT Challenger on 5/8/13 it went to D status on 5/9 and didnt go to D1 with a V.I.N. and a set date to be built until 5/14. But then I waited a month before it was actually built, 6/13. I hope I dont have to wait a month with my truck before it goes to D1 status.
Stellantis puts vehicles in D1 status for anywhere from 0-40 days on average. This can be confusing because you'll likely get a VIN # and be in D status very very quickly, and then spend a lot of time in D before it gets scheduled.

If a vehicle is ordered on 5/13 and ends up getting built on 8/1, it would probably never hit D1 until some point in July.
WHEN your vehicle is in D1 (scheduled) you can contact the dealership you ordered from and they should be able to tell you estimated build date.
Nothing is guaranteed, of course.

I put the order in with the dealer on 5/13 but it was on restriction for the longest time and finally got accepted by the factory on 6/14. If the truck came in around the first or second week of August that would be nice. I was thinking more like September because it has to go to the body vendor for the spray in bedliner, side steps and decal. Going there I'm sure it can sit for weeks before being touched.

Also, I got an email from Ram with my order and VIN #'s and a link where I can track the status on my own without bothering the dealership every day like I've been doing checking to see if there's been any update on the status.

I put the order in with the dealer on 5/13 but it was on restriction for the longest time and finally got accepted by the factory on 6/14. If the truck came in around the first or second week of August that would be nice. I was thinking more like September because it has to go to the body vendor for the spray in bedliner, side steps and decal. Going there I'm sure it can sit for weeks before being touched.

Also, I got an email from Ram with my order and VIN #'s and a link where I can track the status on my own without bothering the dealership every day like I've been doing checking to see if there's been any update on the status.
I like that Ram does those emails. Much easier than calling the dealer or playing phone tag.

Ram did this with the 2019 release as well. I remember my boss getting a 2019 in April of 2018.
I got my 2019 Jeep Cherokee TH mid-may 2018. So seams to be more common that we may think from them. So we are in 2024 and already have it for over 6 years.

Ordered end of march if I remember

I hit D1 yesterday but there is no estimated shipping date yet. In my update from the the factory, it said it should start being built within 48 hours. Hopefully that's true and if so, I think I might have a new vehicle come early August.

I hit D1 yesterday but there is no estimated shipping date yet. In my update from the the factory, it said it should start being built within 48 hours. Hopefully that's true and if so, I think I might have a new vehicle come early August.
? That seems off.
D1 means SCHEDULED usually 2-4 weeks before build start. The email would say "your vehicle has entered our production queue" or something like that.

of course that email could have been significantly delayed for any number of reasons.
But also SHAP is currently closed and not producing anything.

Off hand, do you know the reason the assembly plant is closed? And I forgot to mention that in my original post I was getting the GT package but I dropped the package. My dealer told me that the factory doesnt have the exhaust's for the GT package for the new Rams yet and I could be waiting months before it is available. So I just said screw it. I changed my entire order and got the bigger gas tank, the trailer brake control, sunroof, premium black/red interior (I'm hoping the red section in the middle of the seats arent cloth like in some video's I see because I HATE cloth seats especially the way they look on the Rams. Some are cloth, some are a leather with red dots), advanced safety group, technology group, air suspension, bed utility group, tonneau cover, side steps and Rebel 2 group.

Plant is closed for re-tooling part of it to make the new battery electric RAM REV. This was a planned downtime that was originally supposed to be in May, then June, kept getting pushed back now July. If I recall it will happen a second time at end of year.

Back