• Ranger Raptor

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Colorado ZR

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sticking with Full Size

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Jayray274

Well I found this a tough internal debate on what to do in the next year or so. So I figured I’d throw out a poll since it seems to be a struggle for the majority looking at Mid-Size.

Adding to the debate is Keeping with a Full-sizer is also a Choice. Towing is not important at this particular point.

I have an F-150 extended cab with a 6 1/2 foot bed, and have an order in on a Ranger Raptor. For hauling lumber and such, I really prefer
the longer bed. 8 foot is better, but extra space in the cab is very helpful to me too. The Raptor with coil spring suspension and 4 feet between
wheel wells was a big plus for me. Had a Taco, but did not like it at all. I was looking at the GMC Canyon AT4X instead of the ZR2 because it
seemed like you got more for your money. The Ranger Raptor just seemed like it came better equipped off the assembly line than the GMC
products. Just comes down to what works best for your situation. If I could only have a full size or a mid size, for my uses, it would be a
full size hands down. Good luck. At least you have some time to sort things out as to what works best for you.

Well I found this a tough internal debate on what to do in the next year or so. So I figured I’d throw out a poll since it seems to be a struggle for the majority looking at Mid-Size.

Adding to the debate is Keeping with a Full-sizer is also a Choice. Towing is not important at this particular point.
Walk us through your debate. What is most important to you? What are you going to use the truck for? I ask this of anyone who comes to me with this question. It is impossible to answer unless we know more about your buying needs and desires.

If price is a concern go ZR2, it can be had for 7-10k cheaper and still be pretty loaded. Personally I think the interior is nicer on the GM regardless of spec. Plus, less chance of having to play the markup game on the ZR2 vs the Raptor. If price isn't a worry I would change the ZR2 to the GMC AT4X then you're closer to the Raptor in price and get a more refined truck than the Chevy.

My choice of the 3 is a full size, hands down. I prefer the capability and interior space, no going back for me. Plus I know they exist but in my times using 4WD I have never needed a smaller truck. I'm mostly in snow/ice and logging/forest roads in the PNW.

Walk us through your debate. What is most important to you? What are you going to use the truck for? I ask this of anyone who comes to me with this question. It is impossible to answer unless we know more about your buying needs and
Tim,
I’m bringing this thread back to life. Truthfully forgot about. Summer is ridiculous and way too short.

Now to answer your questions, The truck is used for nothing more than the typical Homeowner run to the home improvement stores, hauling lawn equipment around and other household items. Other than that it’s my daily commuter and son’s sports taxi.
I continue to go back and forth between mid and full-size. Regardless if I went full or Mid it’s better Ford and GM. My Ram has been problem free but not enough change in the ‘25 to make me pay an extra 10K over my current ‘22.

Tim,
I’m bringing this thread back to life. Truthfully forgot about. Summer is ridiculous and way too short.

Now to answer your questions, The truck is used for nothing more than the typical Homeowner run to the home improvement stores, hauling lawn equipment around and other household items. Other than that it’s my daily commuter and son’s sports taxi.
I continue to go back and forth between mid and full-size. Regardless if I went full or Mid it’s better Ford and GM. My Ram has been problem free but not enough change in the ‘25 to make me pay an extra 10K over my current ‘22.
I prefer a full-size truck myself. It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into downsizing from your Ram?

I prefer a full-size truck myself. It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into downsizing from your Ram?
I wouldn’t necessarily calling it trying to convince myself. More so understanding more of what it’s actually being used for more times than not. Also the cost implications of Full-size vs Midsize.

I wouldn’t necessarily calling it trying to convince myself. More so understanding more of what it’s actually being used for more times than not. Also the cost implications of Full-size vs Midsize.
You should find a dealer who will let you do a 24 hour or a weekend test drive. This way you can see how you like the smaller size. I know for me, midsize trucks are hard to make work with my boys. The back seat leg room just isn't there for a midsize truck.

If it's not being used for regular hauling or towing seems like the only question is price and passenger space.

It does depend a little on what kind of options or engines you're looking for. If you don't mind driving the lower option engines in the full size trucks you can get some really good deals on the RAM Pentastar and The entry engines in Ford and Chevy which I do think are quite a bit better than the Pentastar.

That will put the price of that full size truck down much closer to the midsize trucks but it will still be more. If you want a better interior option pack and bigger engine your price will start to really create gap between the midsize and full size.

I have two boys who at the time I was making this decision, 2021, were 13 and 11 and no longer fit well in the back of a midsize. I went from a Tacoma second gen to GMC Sierra and never have regretted my decision.

Back