Ram RHO is pretty badass?

Nope. All of these prices were decided months ago.
so I'm confused now? watching Raiti's Rides and he is calling the RHO a Rebel High Output??? so Tim is there a true name for this new truck that just seams to be kicking the internet in the nuts. could this be a 3rd rebel the next trim up from the new Rebel X

so I'm confused now? watching Raiti's Rides and he is calling the RHO a Rebel High Output??? so Tim is there a true name for this new truck that just seams to be kicking the internet in the nuts. could this be a 3rd rebel the next trim up from the new Rebel X
I don't think there is an answer. Considering Ram never officially called the TRX a T-rex. Sure, they alluded to it but never called it that. And like Ben said above, they have an actual rhino as a logo. I'm taking that from Ram to mean they want us to call it a Rhino but not actually saying that.

And I dismiss the "Ram High Output". Otherwise, it would be a Ram Ram High Output?

I don't think there is an answer. Considering Ram never officially called the TRX a T-rex. Sure, they alluded to it but never called it that. And like Ben said above, they have an actual rhino as a logo. I'm taking that from Ram to mean they want us to call it a Rhino but not actually saying that.

And I dismiss the "Ram High Output". Otherwise, it would be a Ram Ram High Output?
What does rho stand for in Ram?

Ram says – “It is simply a designation for their latest high-performance off-road truck.” One of the inspirations for the name was a charging rhino. RHO can stand for “Ram High Output” or you can come up with your own decoding. 2025 Ram 1500 RHO. Ram is not completely walking away from the “TRX” brand. so I just found this. time will tell all I know is I want to drive one before I make up my mind this has out a speed bump in the AT4X I was about to get.

ill tell you what Tim today is a game changer in the truck market. Ram has stepped up its game when it comes to these new trucks that dropped today. I have been looking at the AT4X and now with the RHO dropping today I might have to change my mind. this new ram seems like a better truck than the GMC now. not only this truck but the Rebel X is a bad ass truck also. 1 of the big turn offs for me with Ram was that dang shift nob. I can't stand that but with these trucks being center shift now that's a massive game changer for me.
I need to see ALOT more details on the RHO to make any sort of a declaration of how good it is. $70k is an ok starting price but what do you get with that? The AT4X starts at $79. For starters do you want efficiency or high output premium fuel? 3.0 Duramax vs. 3.0 SST HO. I have a suspicion that with any options the RHO will be right there with the AT4X in price. I don't think as it sits now it's more capable than the AT4X in being a truck or off-road. It's faster but that's about it.

I need to see ALOT more details on the RHO to make any sort of a declaration of how good it is. $70k is an ok starting price but what do you get with that? The AT4X starts at $79. For starters do you want efficiency or high output premium fuel? 3.0 Duramax vs. 3.0 SST HO. I have a suspicion that with any options the RHO will be right there with the AT4X in price. I don't think as it sits now it's more capable than the AT4X in being a truck or off-road. It's faster but that's about it.
way to take the wind out of my sail lol

Maybe they want to price the RHO competitive so they can add excitement for the new 1500 and the hurricane? I can't understand why they would make a Laramie more expensive?
I think where the excitement Is with the RHO is the starting price. if you go on and build the trucks with the SSTHO the starting price is around 75K for the limited and if you add all the bells and whistles it gets up to 90K easy. so with the starting price at 69K for this truck that's a big deal and that's why it was so exciting for me. I would love the TRX but I don't want to spend 150K

Personally I think the RHO in its current form is a mistake for Ram. The TRX look (wide body, fascia, rims, lift, lights etc etc) used to mean something; when you saw that truck coming down the road there was no mistaking it for anything else, and you knew it was the apex, it would absolutely thrash whatever you were driving and sound better doing it, with only the R putting up competition but that came out later too.

Now we have the looks but with a much weaker engine. The looks are watered down, the image of the TRX widebody is no longer unique and its going to hurt the brands styling/image for when they want to use that for the next TRX whenever it comes out.

As I said I'm not in marketing at all so who knows, but they should have reserved the TRX styling for the top of the line and now its a watered down image.

Personally I think the RHO in its current form is a mistake for Ram. The TRX look (wide body, fascia, rims, lift, lights etc etc) used to mean something; when you saw that truck coming down the road there was no mistaking it for anything else, and you knew it was the apex, it would absolutely thrash whatever you were driving and sound better doing it, with only the R putting up competition but that came out later too.

Now we have the looks but with a much weaker engine. The looks are watered down, the image of the TRX widebody is no longer unique and its going to hurt the brands styling/image for when they want to use that for the next TRX whenever it comes out.

As I said I'm not in marketing at all so who knows, but they should have reserved the TRX styling for the top of the line and now its a watered down image.
I got to thinking about this and what came to mind is the Raptor. Ford has the basic raptor and then the raptor R. so I'm thinking this is not replacing the TRX but just a basic raptor. I'm sure they will come out again with the TRX after the election and it will be like the R. just a thought

I got to thinking about this and what came to mind is the Raptor. Ford has the basic raptor and then the raptor R. so I'm thinking this is not replacing the TRX but just a basic raptor. I'm sure they will come out again with the TRX after the election and it will be like the R. just a thought
I completely agree with this. Ford just did the opposite. Started with the lesser one then went the way of the "R". Regardless of what we think, so much of a truck purchase is about image. And if they can get the looks of a $100K truck but for much less? It'll sell.

I completely agree with this. Ford just did the opposite. Started with the lesser one then went the way of the "R". Regardless of what we think, so much of a truck purchase is about image. And if they can get the looks of a $100K truck but for much less? It'll sell.

I agree but I need/want to see the configurator before I decide for sure. 71 or 72 sounds great for what they showed but what actually comes on the base RHO and how quickly does it get over 80 and how far over 80?

I like the looks and idea of the RHO. I agree that you have to look at the configurator to see how the price works out with desired options.
I spend alot of time on all configurators when I’m in the market. Unfortunately, in Canada the pricing of the RHO starts higher than the standard f150 Raptor (2024 raptor 106,795 cad, 2025 RHO $112,945 cad). Obviously, they are pricing these trucks this way because they think someone will pay it.
I’m remembering back to when the Rebel trim first came out. A lot of reviewers were mentioning that it was mostly a standard Ram with a lot of dips into the Mopar parts bin. They still sold very well. Time will tell with the RHO and with what incentives are offered.
As a funny sideline my 2010 Ram was a TRX4….lol TRX used to just be an off-road trim with a standard output hemi. Big incentives at the time… I got that truck for about $1500 more than a new Dakota. A lot more capability in the 1500.

Back