Ram RHO is pretty badass?

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
With the discussion over the Tacoma TRD Pro pricing, I was impatiently waiting for the Ram RHO embargo to drop. It is NOT a replacement for the TRX, but it is also not $100k. And it undercuts the price of most of the competitors. Frankly, I think it has all the equipment and power people need albeit with a less than awesome exhaust note presumably. Ram says it has improved it.

I kind of wish I would have figured out a way to be there in person. Tough call to spend that much money and see ROI.

I kind of wish I would have figured out a way to be there in person. Tough call to spend that much money and see ROI.
Honestly, you couldn't have done much more other than close-up pics and the video covered that well enough. I think you covered the whole reveal thoroughly. Not much else you could say unless you drove it.

And I do agree, interesting option over the entry Raptor. Sure to snag many buyers because of the price to cool factor ratio being so low.

I got mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I don't care if people want to spend money on this, but why doesn't Ram build what a lot of us want: a simple tradesman/bighorn with the HO for towing.

What's funny is the pricing. It's cheaper than the bighorn you ordered??

I got mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I don't care if people want to spend money on this, but why doesn't Ram build what a lot of us want: a simple tradesman/bighorn with the HO for towing.

I'd be surprised if the HO in a tradesman/bighorn had more tow rating than the SO in the same truck.

This is odd. It starts at $69,995... I want to know what is included on that truck base and where the price/options go from there. I assumed RHO meant Rebel High Output but it seems like they're trying to make it be something different?

Also I found this, what the hell is a Rebel X?

I LOL'd at one of their sales points - Buy a Rebel X for a tailgate that... functions? It goes up and down, gasp!
View attachment 405

Rebel X is the 10 year anniversary edition of the Rebel.

The marketing bullet point shows powered tailgate, up and down. The feature is "powered tailgate" not simply having a tailgate.

This is odd. It starts at $69,995... I want to know what is included on that truck base and where the price/options go from there. I assumed RHO meant Rebel High Output but it seems like they're trying to make it be something different?

Ram forum guys are having fun with the RHO, they call it the "removed hellcat option". Rebel High Output is very close I'd think to what they're intending for this truck. It doesn't replace the TRX, its a new model that slots in between the existing rebel and the old trx and they're leaving room for the trx to come back later on, probably using hybrid tech if I had to guess.

ill tell you what Tim today is a game changer in the truck market. Ram has stepped up its game when it comes to these new trucks that dropped today. I have been looking at the AT4X and now with the RHO dropping today I might have to change my mind. this new ram seems like a better truck than the GMC now. not only this truck but the Rebel X is a bad ass truck also. 1 of the big turn offs for me with Ram was that dang shift nob. I can't stand that but with these trucks being center shift now that's a massive game changer for me.

ill tell you what Tim today is a game changer in the truck market. Ram has stepped up its game when it comes to these new trucks that dropped today. I have been looking at the AT4X and now with the RHO dropping today I might have to change my mind. this new ram seems like a better truck than the GMC now. not only this truck but the Rebel X is a bad ass truck also. 1 of the big turn offs for me with Ram was that dang shift nob. I can't stand that but with these trucks being center shift now that's a massive game changer for me.

Tell you what. I hated the knob so bad at first I literally almost didn't buy the ram because of it. I wasn't going to spend an extra 10k to avoid it, but I sure thought long and hard about it.

2 years later and it was second nature to me, fast, accurate, effective, no nonsense. Just a quick flick back and forth.

5 years into my ownership and I don't even remember I had issues with it until someone brings it up. All the other shifting mechanisms seem inferior one way or the other; the column shifter: slow, clunky, is it 1980? The console shifter: large and takes up space, seems over designed. And don't get me started on the push/pull buttons some vehicles use these days.

Is it Rhino High Output since that is what they show on the badge of the center console? So you get a Rhino instead of a T-Rex??
with the TRX still at 125K plus and this one starting at 69K and fully loaded at the same price of the AT4X at around 80K yes hands down. more HP than the Ford. don't want the Ford just because I don't like the box look or my wife doesn't like the box look. lol

Tell you what. I hated the knob so bad at first I literally almost didn't buy the ram because of it. I wasn't going to spend an extra 10k to avoid it, but I sure thought long and hard about it.

2 years later and it was second nature to me, fast, accurate, effective, no nonsense. Just a quick flick back and forth.

5 years into my ownership and I don't even remember I had issues with it until someone brings it up. All the other shifting mechanisms seem inferior one way or the other; the column shifter: slow, clunky, is it 1980? The console shifter: large and takes up space, seems over designed. And don't get me started on the push/pull buttons some vehicles use these days.
maybe that's the reason I like the column shifter. I love 80's movies and cant stop watching them so I guess I struck in that time. lol I will say this when I drove the 23 rebel and it had the knob and I guess It might be something to get use to that's why I was also looking at the rebel gt. so I could get that center column

Is it Rhino High Output since that is what they show on the badge of the center console? So you get a Rhino instead of a T-Rex??

In keeping with the cattle/animal theme, I suggest Ram comes out with a new model called TOX. "Tow Ox". Just a tradesman trim with painted or chrome bumpers and the HO with some extra suspension for best in class towing.

(ok so I don't work in marketing but I bet the truck itself would be snapped up so fast it would give ford/gm whiplash).

maybe that's the reason I like the column shifter. I love 80's movies and cant stop watching them so I guess I struck in that time. lol I will say this when I drove the 23 rebel and it had the knob and I guess It might be something to get use to that's why I was also looking at the rebel gt. so I could get that center column

Yep, I wanted the column shifter too (over the dial) but I can't imagine going back. I grew up driving an 80's caprice wagon so I have fond memories of a v8 and column shifter and a large barge. Kinda goes hand in hand lol.

I'd imagine the price will go up with the extra packages, but yeah, definitely has me second guessing the Big Horn on order.

Man I agree 100% on the shift knob. Biggest win is the freed space for me. And I hated it at first as well.

Back