Ram 1500 Quad Cab Back Seats

kd70qc

I currently have a 21 F150 extended cab (aka “Super Cab”) with the 6-1/2 foot bed. It has a folding back seat, that allows you fold 2/3, 1/3, or the whole back seat up. Most of the time I have at least part of the back seat folded up and have tools on the floor.

Yesterday I looked at the software on the ‘25 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab, and plan to go back Wednesday for a test drive. I am really interested in the Hurricane engine. In the short time I was there, I couldn’t figure out how to fold up the rear seat. Do they fold up? The bottom cushion was split 2/3 -1/3 like on my Ford.

If it's a Quad cab, they just fold up. No lever or anything that I used. The bigger cabs and nicer trims have the fold-out platforms that make it a flat loading floor, but Ford does that better.

Thanks. I was yanking up on the bottom cushion but it wouldn’t move. I couldn’t find a release lever or strap. This was a BigHorn.

Thanks. I was yanking up on the bottom cushion but it wouldn’t move. I couldn’t find a release lever or strap. This was a BigHorn.
Trim level shouldn't matter I don't think. The owner's manual is less than helpful when it comes to quad cab or crew cab. IF your seats fold up, this is how you do it.
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.44.53 AM.png

Thanks so much for the help. I'm heading back to the dealer on Wednesday (in the day light). I'll try them again then. I would be surprised if it was trim specific, but I've seen manufacturers do dumber things.

So, I apparently wasn’t holding my mouth right. I looked at a different Quad Cab, and after overcoming the resistance of the detention, the rear seat folded right up. Thanks for everyone’s input. My Tundra and F150 didn’t have such a firm detent.

Back