pin number

Jhwrx1

every time I start the truck I have to enter my pin number, I have called onstar several times and they have been no help. I have talked to other Gm truck owners and the don't have this problem. Any ideas?

Odd. I never had that happen. Once you login into the system, you shouldn’t have to put your pin back in. Like @chaseydog asked, what mode are you in?

I feel like there's a setting somewhere that can require a pin, maybe parental (teen driving) controls?
Agreed. Like a Valet setting. I've never driven a vehicle that required an actual pin though. Used to be common to set-up Bluetooth but even that is rare anymore.

The first is a corvette forum but I assume it's a similar process. I remember setting up my account as a user in the infotainment there were security options to require a login. You can turn those off so it just recognizes the key fob you're using for seat memory etc.

Teen driver also requires a 4 digit PIN to setup, steps above.

My guess is one of those was accidentally setup, just go into security setting and turn them off.

Some of this may be on the GM account side, not through the truck. Check there if you can't find it through the infotainment.

I looked through my truck on my lunch break and this is a pretty easy solution. In your truck with it powered on click settings then personal then security. When I click security it asked me if I wanted to set up a PIN number to protect my profile so I don't have one set up, you probably did it during the setup process and can undo it from in those settings.

Yours is newer so the menu might look a little different but it should be similar enough to get you there.

Attachments

• 20240314_125930.jpg
    20240314_125930.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240314_125916.jpg
    20240314_125916.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Back