Payload

duggydo

Payload is a frequent topic and how limited it is in trucks. I watch this channel sometimes and couldn't help but think about payload when I saw what these people put on their bikes. I guarantee they are hauling more than some half ton trucks are rated to haul. It's a totally different world.

lol....seen some of that in person. It gives you a whole new perspective when people tell you that, "you really need a 2500 to haul that". But truly, I think it really comes down to speed and distance. Hauling heavy loads out in the west at 70-80 is totally different than overloading your Camry for a quick trip across town from HD.

lol....seen some of that in person. It gives you a whole new perspective when people tell you that, "you really need a 2500 to haul that". But truly, I think it really comes down to speed and distance. Hauling heavy loads out in the west at 70-80 is totally different than overloading your Camry for a quick trip across town from HD.
I remember loading the 79 Ford half ton we had totally full with firewood. It was a 2wd with a 302, C6 trans, and 8 foot bed. The sheet metal was a lot thicker and more durable back then. We only had to haul it out of the woods and through the field up to the house. Never did any damage to it. I'm sure the springs were stouter back then too. Then again, it was a lot less expensive and easier to fix things too. Getting a spare part from a junk yard and swapping it out was no big deal.

Back