Painted rear diff?

testerdahl

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, just got a 24 F-150 Tremor to review. My curiosity got to me right when they delivered it to see if they are now painting the diff. Here’s my picture versus a 2021 model. Seems like they are painting it, right? IMG_9503.jpegIMG_9509.jpeg

It seems to me they still aren't coating them and instead are painting the rear diff cover black so any passerby wouldn't notice. I think that could be an interesting topic of conversation again like it was in 2021. I wonder if people's attitudes towards this topic have changed at all.

It never really bothered me before, but after getting a 2018 Tundra, it had 0 rust anywhere. Can't say that about my previous Fords and Chevys though. After a couple years and about 14k miles I put on it, there's a little rust on the diff where rocks have hit it, but it's still better than the pictures you posted here. I don't think it would be too difficult for them to paint it better, but it would be an extra cost. Nothing will change unless more people complain.

It never really bothered me before, but after getting a 2018 Tundra, it had 0 rust anywhere. Can't say that about my previous Fords and Chevys though. After a couple years and about 14k miles I put on it, there's a little rust on the diff where rocks have hit it, but it's still better than the pictures you posted here. I don't think it would be too difficult for them to paint it better, but it would be an extra cost. Nothing will change unless more people complain.
Toyota and Ram are the only two that completely coat their undercarriage. I think I'll do a video now that I know a lot more about this topic than I did back in 2021.

are we comparing apples to apples here? When was the 2021 picture taken? looks like it was painted, but in 3 years of use the paint wore off.
I need to go back and rewatch my video to figure out when the rust started to show up on the diff cover. I sold it a year later. People assumed I drove through salt and what not. That wasn’t the case at all.

My 2008 has less rust that your 2021 did… that is ridiculous. Ford needs to better. You said GM wax coats it on the full size but not the midsize. Why?

Back