Oil in the intake on an L5P and exhaust upgrades what would you address first?

thomas23

New member
Hi all

I have been researching the 2022 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.6L L5P and there are two areas I am trying to understand before changing anything.
One is the crankcase ventilation system. I have seen L5P owners mention finding some oil mist in the intake and charge piping. While looking into the factory setup I came across a crankcase ventilation reroute for 2017-2024 L5P and started wondering whether dealing with the oil carryover is actually worthwhile on a mostly stock truck.
The other area is the exhaust side. I have also been comparing an L5P performance downpipe but I am more interested in reliability and exhaust flow than chasing horsepower.
For anyone who has worked on these trucks would you deal with the CCV side first and leave the factory downpipe alone until there is a reason to change it?
Also interested in anything that should be checked before touching either system. I would rather understand the cause and the fitment properly before buying parts.
 
Back
Top