No excitement for Frontier?

This could turn into the same thing that used to be a big selling point for the Frontier - cheap, reliable with naturally aspirated

Well the models that sell the most units also receive the most scrutiny and have the highest reported amounts of failure as well. I'm not up on mid size sales but I suspect the frontier is dead last and I don't know of any youtuber that owns one and is testing one.

It could be a great buy though for all the reasons you listed, but I doubt it will sell all that well.
I agree. I actually work with various auto repair shops through my job and it’s very interesting talking with techs and looking at the ratios of trucks coming in for work (excluding service). Higher sales numbers actually show a higher rate of repair jobs.

To your point on sales, I’ve seen it in a few other threads but Nissan’s marketing feels non existent for their trucks. It doesn’t feel like a priority for them since it already isn’t a volume seller in the marketplace. They’d probably sell more if they actually marketed it with some effort behind it.

Long story short, I think the Frontier will emerge as one of if not the most reliable midsize pickup truck deals of 2024.

I think the Ridgeline would win that argument. And I think the Frontier is fine, but it just doesn't have the flash or pizazz of the others. It'll always be strong amongst its fans, but it will always struggle to get conquest sales.

Like the Alaska, Nissan's timing is just all off. Always too late to capitalize on the now thus they lose money on the back end. A new heavy off-road focused or overland Frontier wouldn't help them I don't think. It feels were already on the backside of the off-road truck craze where the astronomical price has caught up with itself. If they came out with one now I don't think it would sell like it would have over the last 2-3 years.

I think the Ridgeline would win that argument. And I think the Frontier is fine, but it just doesn't have the flash or pizazz of the others. It'll always be strong amongst its fans, but it will always struggle to get conquest sales.
I actually agree with you. On paper the Ridgeline is the right answer for most buyers day to day needs. However, an important thing to note for any vehicle purchase is for the buyer to experience the vehicle in person themselves and not make decisions purely off of what the internet thinks. Just because everyone else seems to love it doesn’t mean that buyer will too.

I actually agree with you. On paper the Ridgeline is the right answer for most buyers day to day needs. However, an important thing to note for any vehicle purchase is for the buyer to experience the vehicle in person themselves and not make decisions purely off of what the internet thinks. Just because everyone else seems to love it doesn’t mean that buyer will too.
My brother had two ridgline in a row, salesman on the road, so the size was just right. But he would not consider it for himself nor for others, and I would not touch that. It is amazing the amount of money dumped on those trucks due to electronic issues. Both issues started to happen after warranty just finished. It would have ruined him if it was him paying.

As per what I heard, the Frontier is more rock solid, anyway I would be less scared.

Back