My first Cybertruck

C-Square

I saw my first Cybertruck in real life last Thursday. I must say, it is noticeable in the wilderness of the NJ highway network. What struck me first was the sheer size of the thing. Its width in particular. The second characteristic I noticed was the lack of lights in the back .... until the breaks were applied, then, an array of red LED lights appears across the top of the tailgate. Finally - and much later - I noticed the triangle theme, particularly reflected in the shape of the outside rearview mirrors. Next time we find ourselves at a loss with a conversation topic, we should just blur out "Cybertruck"!

Give it some time and you should start hearing about air suspension problems, I can see going in for a wheel alignment, mechanic asks you front, back or both.

It's the most useless truck around. All the negatives of electric, none of the positives of a normal truck, stupid steering wheel, no interior, no luxury, rusts in the rain, no paint colors, no aftermarket support, pathetic 4x4 and on an on.

This thing is a symbol of E's arrogance and it will sell in ever worse numbers than titan after perhaps an initial hit when all the cool/woke kids get theirs for the Yutubez views.

Not impressed.

It's the most useless truck around. All the negatives of electric, none of the positives of a normal truck, stupid steering wheel, no interior, no luxury, rusts in the rain, no paint colors, no aftermarket support, pathetic 4x4 and on an on.

This thing is a symbol of E's arrogance and it will sell in ever worse numbers than titan after perhaps an initial hit when all the cool/woke kids get theirs for the Yutubez views.

Not impressed.
So glad you mention the Titan. I hope, we truck fans and users, will keep that truck name alive, so much so, that Nissan might be bringing it back. This is a remote possibility, but if they sell the X-Terra again and it is successful, it might encourage them to bring the Titan back with its Warrior model.

So glad you mention the Titan. I hope, we truck fans and users, will keep that truck name alive, so much so, that Nissan might be bringing it back. This is a remote possibility, but if they sell the X-Terra again and it is successful, it might encourage them to bring the Titan back with its Warrior model.

The Titan should have had bigger sales, but three things held it back IMHO.

First one, looks. It's terrible, those swoopy/goofy curves found on a lot of Asian cars doesn't work for American truck buyers who are looking for bold and rugged and tough.

Second thing, it didn't have an edge over the others. You want reliability above all else? Toyota. Luxury and value and cushy ride? Ram. Best towing? Ford. Most powerful gas? GM. Etc, you can walk through a bunch of different features/criteria like that and Titan would never be in first place.

Third thing, cost. With those 2 things above in place, they needed to be much cheaper to have an edge, but they wanted competitive pricing for a non competitive truck. Look at what Ram did with the classic; that was the only real competition for the Titan and it was priced lower and moved quite well until recently when they jacked the prices up.

Bonus: truck buyers are some of the most pig headed and brand loyal buyers found anywhere. If you buy Ford once, good luck getting them to swap out to a Titan. A lot of people just assume best sales = best product and won't be caught dead in a second place or third place (let alone fifth place) selling truck. Doesn't matter whether the truck is better, its about the image of running with the rest of the market. This was probably a large factor as well, maybe even the top reason? Who knows.

It was a good truck, but the rest are better in many areas. All my opinion of course.

Back