MWM desperately seeking large powerful suv

And even if Biden loses, there is no guarantee that that pipeline gets approved. And even if the pipeline goes through and gas prices come down (extremely unlikely), manufacturers can't change on a dime every 4 years. The run of cheap v8's in any car/truck we want is gone forever. I agree that electrical has stalled and will be pushed back past projected targets, but we'll probably be limping along with boosted 6ers and plug in hybrids for the forseeable future. I'd love to be proven wrong of course, nothing I like better than a big, burly, N/A v8.
Agreed. Regardless of what happens, gas prices will never go down substantially. Their costs of producing it may but the price at the pump will not. Why the hell would they? Zero incentive for them. The only thing that lowers prices is less use of it. We demonstrated that over covid. We control the price the same as anything, demand. Same with trucks, same with milk, etc.

Trudeau is getting tossed on his butt next time, that's for sure. I wouldn't bet on who wins your elections though. Way too soon to make that call.

And even if Biden loses, there is no guarantee that that pipeline gets approved. And even if the pipeline goes through and gas prices come down (extremely unlikely), manufacturers can't change on a dime every 4 years. The run of cheap v8's in any car/truck we want is gone forever. I agree that electrical has stalled and will be pushed back past projected targets, but we'll probably be limping along with boosted 6ers and plug in hybrids for the forseeable future. I'd love to be proven wrong of course, nothing I like better than a big, burly, N/A v8.
Parked next to a new Grand Wagoneer in my Tahoe at the car wash drying lane today. Owner, a former truck guy, loved the space, the air suspension (wife has bad arthritis) and the style; didn't ask him about the engine, but at start up, I could tell it wasn't a '22. But that takes me to an epiphany. Ford/Lincoln has been without a V8 in their Expy/Navi for a decade (2014 MY) and now Toyota (Sequoia/LX500) and Jeep are just now catching up, with GM offering a qualified addition with the Duramax, 3.0L, soon to be the improved LZO.

So I drove away in my 2010 V8 dinosaur...But at least she is still under 35K, so she still has a lot of roaming to do before the asteroid hits.

Do you actually need a full size SUV i.e. towing?
Honestly the unibody SUVs like the Traverse are dynamically speaking better vehicles as a hole. Better ride, handling, better interior space for their size and much better priced. The Tahoe/Yukon assembly plant is GM's most profitable most likely because they know full size SUV buyers are willing pay overly high prices. I personally really love the styling of the new Traverse.
Yes I do tow a lot, I have several enclosed trailers that I can tow with my Yukon and I also have an 18 ft car trailer that the Yukon has the power to tow but not the suspension or the wheelbase for that heavy of a load. Midsize suv's just will not cut it for what I want out of them, the last time I used a midsize to tow my 12 ft enclosed (my smallest trailer) it was a Chevy Trailblazer with the inline six and while power wasn't terrible(270 HP I believe?), it was not a pleasant experience on the 900 mile round trip. And I gained absolutely nothing in fuel economy, in fact it may have been worse than my 6.2l Yukon. That being said I do have an update for this thread in that I have ordered a new 2025 Lincoln Aviator because NOTHING in the currently outdated GM lineup even comes close to what the Lincoln has to offer. I looked at Buick, Chevrolet, and Cadillac in hopes that there was something new and exciting for 2025 and I was completely disappointed, all that they have to offer is based upon the Traverse platform with an underpowered 3.6 V6 that dates back to around 2011 or 2012? The wife is happy, she likes the looks and the features of the new Aviator and if it was solely up to me she would be driving a 3/4 ton Suburban! But like they say, "happy wife, happy life". So looks like I'm switching to Ford for now, and no I don't plan on towing with the Lincoln, I'll have to do that with one of my pickups from now on.

Back