Just a bit of a pickup fan.

Saddle Tramp

Howdy.

I've been following Tim and Jill for a while now and enjoy their videos. I grew up in the 70's and 80's so while sportscars were cool, the mandated 55 mph speed limit killed the fun of having them. Plus, pickups were really starting to come into their own. More and more movies and TV shows were featuring them. Fall Guy and Simon and Simon were the big ones. Northern Exposure featured tons of them and the Jeep Gladiator was huge in Tremors. (Bonus to anyone who remembers the horrible movie, The Gladiator, which also starred a Gladiator as well as an 70's Dodge D series.)

I've been lucky enough to own a few pickups: 1984 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with an 8 foot bed, 90's Chevy S-10 2wd reg cab, 2002 Chevy Silverado ext cab Z71, 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the 8 foot bed, and a 2011 Ford Ranger 2wd ext cab.

I am looking forward to see the site grow!

Howdy.

I've been following Tim and Jill for a while now and enjoy their videos. I grew up in the 70's and 80's so while sportscars were cool, the mandated 55 mph speed limit killed the fun of having them. Plus, pickups were really starting to come into their own. More and more movies and TV shows were featuring them. Fall Guy and Simon and Simon were the big ones. Northern Exposure featured tons of them and the Jeep Gladiator was huge in Tremors. (Bonus to anyone who remembers the horrible movie, The Gladiator, which also starred a Gladiator as well as an 70's Dodge D series.)

I've been lucky enough to own a few pickups: 1984 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with an 8 foot bed, 90's Chevy S-10 2wd reg cab, 2002 Chevy Silverado ext cab Z71, 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the 8 foot bed, and a 2011 Ford Ranger 2wd ext cab.

Don't forget Mr. Majestyk. It is right up there with Bullitt for its vintage - trash a vehicle - chase scene.

Howdy.

Welcome to the forums.

We have owned some similar vehicles. I had a 1987 Dakota with an 8 foot bed but it was a 4x2. I also had a 1993 S-10 Regular Cab short bed 2wd and a 1995 Ram 1500 Regular Cab long bed 2wd with the 318. Leased a 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 and sold it to dealer during sky high pandemic prices but regret doing so.

What are you driving now? Or, are you looking for a new rig?

Howdy.

LOL, I was a sports car fan for years. Subscribed to MotorTrend for 25 years or so. Then kids! Then developed a camping habit with a small camper as empty nesters. Thus, I am all in on pickup trucks now. I posted elsewhere that I learned to drive in the later 1970s on a 1968 Jeep J10 Gladiator full-size pickup truck. I also inherited a 1967 Chevy C10 Pickup truck. It was a beater, but fun to drive locally for errands. Our first brand new car was a 1986 Toyota MR2. Loved that car. However, it would only seat two and I could barely put a rear facing baby car seat in it. Sold it in 1995 after our first daughter was born in 1994! ;)

Back