Jeep Grand Cherokee (2012) - Oil Filter Housing Leak

B.Davis

Speaking of Mopar oil filter locations. Last weekends project. :oops:

The Pentastar 3.6L V6 has the oil filter on top of the engine, which is handy. Until it leaks. Switched the "plastic" part out with a supposedly "new & improved" upgraded part. All metal.

So, after 12 years and 97,600 miles it finally gave out. Not too bad I guess. We bought this Grand Cherokee brand new. Passed it off to my oldest teenager about 4 years ago. He's taken good care of it. Still a super nice ride. Other than the AC condenser going out last year, this Jeep has had ZERO issues. It has been a really good ownership experience.

With the upper intake manifold off, that is a great time to get the driver-side spark plugs replaced. Cheers!

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3
Speaking of Mopar oil filter locations. Last weekends project. :oops:

The Pentastar 3.6L V6 has the oil filter on top of the engine, which is handy. Until it leaks. Switched the "plastic" part out with a supposedly "new & improved" upgraded part. All metal.

So, after 12 years and 97,600 miles it finally gave out. Not too bad I guess. We bought this Grand Cherokee brand new. Passed it off to my oldest teenager about 4 years ago. He's taken good care of it. Still a super nice ride. Other than the AC condenser going out last year, this Jeep has had ZERO issues. It has been a really good ownership experience.

With the upper intake manifold off, that is a great time to get the driver-side spark plugs replaced. Cheers!

View attachment 230
Still much easier to clean up the oil spill on top of the engine rather than below it. And those spark plugs! I’ve seen worse, but not by much. LOL

Back