I got a problem with the GMC Canyon AT4X AEV edition!

That's funny right there!

Absolutely nuts that they don't give the driver a pillar mounted grab handle! The first time I checked out an AT4 at the dealer I hated that entry and knew I'd need steps.

Reverse if you're the passenger ;)

Exactly, right-handed people naturally lead with their right foot but that's an awkward as hell way to get into the driver seat using the steps.

Also I have a grab bar in my AT4 and never use it, it's lifted 2 in on 35s. I'm 6'1" but all torso no legs lol.

Left foot on the step first, not right foot! It's all backwards! 2/10 on entry!

That works best with the drop steps. Those that are tight against the body, right under the sill do not work as well. That's why I think the auto-drop steps work so damn well. They drop low enough for left-foot first to be natural.

That works best with the drop steps. Those that are tight against the body, right under the sill do not work as well. That's why I think the auto-drop steps work so damn well. They drop low enough for left-foot first to be natural.
Mine are the GM high clearance and it works great but it is easier on a lower step for sure. Out expedition has the auto drop down steps and I do like them but honestly we fight them constantly to keep them going up and down smooth. It's only 4 years old. I have to hit them with lubricant constantly.

The Ram models I was using were made by Amp I think. Worked flawlessly for 4 years even in the Northeast winters.

Tim, is the Taco any easier to get in and out of? I still haven't tried one out at a dealer.

Back