How to find your Window Sticker. (Ram or GM)

B.Davis

When I was first shopping for a new (used) truck, I wanted to see the window sticker to see how the truck was spec'd out. I wanted a truck with a 32 gallon fuel tank, factory trailer brake controller and 3.92 rear end gears. Best way was to get the VIN then plug it into this website, but replacing the VIN number on the end.

Ram Trucks...

Just replace the VIN each time and it will find the window sticker back to at least 2015. If you want to see the build list, go to this webpage and drop in the VIN and press search. https://fcagroup.my.site.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

For the GM trucks use this link with the VIN number on the end. https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2/vehicle/windowsticker?vin=3GCUDHEL1PG305357

See a cool truck driving down the road and you wonder how it's spec'd out or what the window sticker was for that truck. You can find the VIN on this website...

Enter the license plate number and their registered state. If the license plate has been on the truck for a little while you can find the VIN. Give it a try and see how you do. GIVE THIS A TRY...plug in the license plate... 21-43B, Nebraska. See what it pulls up. Then plug in the VIN number on the GM site and take a look at this amazing GM truck. WOW!!

This gets to be a fun game of See a Cool Truck, Get the License Plate, and find their Window Sticker.

That would be really cool but the license plate thing worked once and stopped after that. Never could get the window sticker thing to work.

@Max Henry I sometimes get the CAPTCHA test when doing it repeatedly, but it usually always works. Just refresh your screen then try again. You can just bookmark the link I included, then every time you open the link, it pulls up that same VIN. Just paste in the VIN you just found in place of the one in my bookmarked link. For Example, my bookmark is from my 2014 Grand Cherokee, which works for any MOPAR vehicle up to 2014/2015.
(June of 2023, my 2014 Window Sticker for my Jeep stopped pulling up. Stellantis must have killed the database with older window stickers.)

Today on the way to work, I snagged the plate (YSA631)...its a 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. It has the 2.7L L4 DOHC 16V TURBO, which I didn't realize the put in the half ton's. It has the Trail Boss package and looked pretty good. Sticker price was only $41,915 which shocked me for being that low. I noticed they get a $2,000 credit for having the 2.7L engine (Hmm?).

I ran (AMG838) a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic with a Warlock package and V6. I figured it had the V6, based on the single side exhaust, but the window sticker confirmed it. Not always the case with Ram 1500's though. My 2014 Ram 1500 in the Outdoorsman trim has the single side exhaust, but it has a very healthy 5.7L Hemi. They designed it for better approach angle and departure angle, so no dual exhaust out the back. The front air dam is almost nothing to improve the approach angle up front.

Sorry, you got me talking "truck" and I went off on a tangent. 😬

Tangents are fine when talking trucks. I still can’t get the window sticker to work. I enter it into the browser on my ipad and get a “a problem has occurred,,,,,,,,,,”. My wife tried it on her laptop and couldn’t get it to work either. I’ll keep trying. It would be cool to see the window sticker on my truck. The original owner bought it in may (i think) of 2018 and i bought it in oct of 2018. It had about 900 miles on it when i got it. Thanks for the links and the help.

Back