High Output Air compressor

Beninbeta

Howdy. I'm on a list for a TRD Off-road premium package. If you look at the spec comparison, it shows that the off-road has the high output air compressor as part of a package. Car and driver's review showed that this was part of the premium package, and a couple of YouTube videos also stated this. However it's not listed on the configuration tool as part of any package. Tim, are you able to confirm the truth on this with your contacts at Toyota?

It be great if it was part of that package!

Thanks!

Howdy. I'm on a list for a TRD Off-road premium package. If you look at the spec comparison, it shows that the off-road has the high output air compressor as part of a package. Car and driver's review showed that this was part of the premium package, and a couple of YouTube videos also stated this. However it's not listed on the configuration tool as part of any package. Tim, are you able to confirm the truth on this with your contacts at Toyota?
Great question. I forwarded it to PR. It might take some time to get an answer with the holidays. Most PR, marketing and engineers are off through the end of the year.

Thanks, I really appreciate it and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Hey Ben, got an answer for you:

The air compressor unit is an accessory, which comes standard on Trailhunter.

The pre-wiring for the air compressor is included in the Upgrade and Premium packages for TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road.

Hey Ben, got an answer for you:

The air compressor unit is an accessory, which comes standard on Trailhunter.

The pre-wiring for the air compressor is included in the Upgrade and Premium packages for TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road.
Thanks Tim, I appreciate you taking the time to find that out. My dealer sent me a text saying that is included in the Premium Package. It's unfortunate that Toyota can't get some of this figured out to be consistent and clear for everyone and on the website. But I guess at least it's ready for the compressor. I was looking at the compressor accessories and I didn't see one that looked like it what was shown on the TH model so again this seems confusing. I could be like some of the other accessories that are launching in April instead of now like the rock rails, trails exhaust and 33 inch wheel/tires.

Thanks Tim, I appreciate you taking the time to find that out. My dealer sent me a text saying that is included in the Premium Package. It's unfortunate that Toyota can't get some of this figured out to be consistent and clear for everyone and on the website. But I guess at least it's ready for the compressor. I was looking at the compressor accessories and I didn't see one that looked like it what was shown on the TH model so again this seems confusing. I could be like some of the other accessories that are launching in April instead of now like the rock rails, trails exhaust and 33 inch wheel/tires.
Save that text from the dealer. It might help you get a free compressor or at least a discount on one.

Just an example of why I'm confused about the air compressor (from Motor Trend's review):
The $8,530 Premium package doesn't truly make the utilitarian cabin feel premium but instead lavishes the driver and passengers with features such as heated and ventilated power front seats, a heated steering wheel, a sunroof, a digital rearview mirror, a surround-view camera system, a 10-speaker JBL audio system, and that billboard touchscreen. It also brings practical upgrades such as a 400-watt AC inverter, an air compressor in the bed, and prewired auxiliary switches to power add-ons like lights or a winch.

That is true, but this article was published this week and they had that vehicle at their test facility in Michigan so it seems like it was probably filmed later than the even. My main point though is that Toyota could be doing a better job of not confusing it's customers with conflicting information. They read those articles, so if the truck doesn't come with that compressor as part of the premium package, why not correct it?

That is true, but this article was published this week and they had that vehicle at their test facility in Michigan so it seems like it was probably filmed later than the even. My main point though is that Toyota could be doing a better job of not confusing it's customers with conflicting information. They read those articles, so if the truck doesn't come with that compressor as part of the premium package, why not correct it?
I've found unless I make a large error, I'll never get a phone call correcting anything. Public Relations departments, the ones that work with journalists, just doesn't have the resources to track down every article and often PR doesn't have all the answers either.

For example, when I got your answer, PR had to go to marketing and track down that answer. It is likely a Toyota PR person read that article and didn't even dawn on them about any potential confusion.

The biggest problem with Toyota is that their website does a crap job of listing absolutely everything that is included in any of the option packages. And you go to the specs where it lists the compressor as "available as part of an option package". Yet none of the packages list it.

The biggest problem with Toyota is that their website does a crap job of listing absolutely everything that is included in any of the option packages. And you go to the specs where it lists the compressor as "available as part of an option package". Yet none of the packages list it.
Yup that was why I originally asked Tim to look into. I think the other issue is it's not listed as an accessory you can add on either which is strange.

Yup that was why I originally asked Tim to look into. I think the other issue is it's not listed as an accessory you can add on either which is strange.
Putting these two together. Since the hybrid information isn’t out yet, they wouldn’t be listed as a package.

That could be Tim but if you also look at the specs for the Limited, it lists the 2400W invertor for the Hybrid, 400W for the standard 2.4L. Makes sense. Same with the AVS, only available on the Hybrid. But oddly, it does list the compressor stock on both versions. And another odd fact, it shows both versions of the Limited having the AWD. Yet didn't you drive a Limited without it? I'm sure the details will get worked out when they ship some trucks, but they should know what they will ship with by now and edit the specs to match. Or do they plan on dangling $100 to everyone where the specs don't match, ala Ford?...lol

That could be Tim but if you also look at the specs for the Limited, it lists the 2400W invertor for the Hybrid, 400W for the standard 2.4L. Makes sense. Same with the AVS, only available on the Hybrid. But oddly, it does list the compressor stock on both versions. And another odd fact, it shows both versions of the Limited having the AWD. Yet didn't you drive a Limited without it? I'm sure the details will get worked out when they ship some trucks, but they should know what they will ship with by now and edit the specs to match. Or do they plan on dangling $100 to everyone where the specs don't match, ala Ford?...lol
Just so I’m clear, what site are you looking at? The Toyota.com website, our site where I listed all the specs or the pressroom.Toyota.com media website?

Just so I’m clear, what site are you looking at? The Toyota.com website, our site where I listed all the specs or the pressroom.Toyota.com media website?
The Toyota site, Tim. If you look at their specs page l, there are a lot of discrepancies with what is in the configuration tool or the inventory search.

It just seems strange, that they can't ensure they all match to give the consumer clear and correct information.

Apparently, my post wasn't finished. I must have fat-fingered the phone keyboard. Anyway, here are screenshots of the specs from the Toyota website showing the differences from what we are being told.

This one shows they have seperated options that go to the hybrid from those that don't. Perfectly logical.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 170446.png

But this one shows AWD as standard on either version. And yet you drove one without it, correct? So which is it?

Screenshot 2024-01-15 170544.png

This shows the "Compressor" stock on both.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 171654.png

The funniest one is the AVS. Under "Suspension" it says it's available as an option on both.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 172025.png

But under "Packages", it's stock on the Hybrid, not available on the standard 2.4L Once again, which is it?

Screenshot 2024-01-15 172050.png

Honestly, I’m trying to remember out IF I drove a Limited. IIRC Jill and I only drove the TRD Off Road and the SR5 XtraCab. I guess I’m going to have to go rewatch the video. I know I saw a Limited in Hawai’i, but I don’t remember driving one.

The one TFL had, I found out a week later, was a pre-production prototype.

Back