Google Navigation volume

chaseydog

I’m running into an issue with the infotainment system on my 24 AT4 1500. With the volume level set at about 1/4 anything I play over Apple CarPlay sounds good, Google assistant sounds good, but the full screen Google maps is barely audible. I see how I can mute Google Nav, or set it to alert only, but how do I increase the volume. If I turn up the system volume to hear navigation everything else would be too loud.

If so, activate the voice feature and while it's talking use the Volume up/down behind the steering wheel to change the volume. That should work for voice prompts and nav volume etc. Think of your truck like a smartphone, there are volume controls for many different things. Music, voice, notifications etc. By default the volume knob changes the music level, to change something else activate first and use the steering wheel.

If so, activate the voice feature and while it's talking use the Volume up/down behind the steering wheel to change the volume. That should work for voice prompts and nav volume etc. Think of your truck like a smartphone, there are volume controls for many different things. Music, voice, notifications etc. By default the volume knob changes the music level, to change something else activate first and use the steering wheel.
Thanks. That solved my problem.

must you use the steering wheel volume or can you just use the volume knob on dash?

must you use the steering wheel volume or can you just use the volume knob on dash?

Sounds like something best figured out by giving it a go. I don't know as when I'm pushing the voice button the volume controls are right there behind the wheel versus reaching over for the knob.

Edit: I happen to be sitting in my truck and the volume knob works perfectly fine as long as you have voice commands activated.

Back