GM Infotainment Recall

chaseydog

The MyGMC app is showing a recall on my 24 AT4 called Serial Data Gateway Module and Radio
GM Program #
N242435631
Status
Incomplete

Description
Certain model years and vehicle makes noted in the table above may have a condition where the battery is at risk for a drain following an over-the-air update.

Repair Description
Dealers are to reprogram the serial data gateway module and the radio.
They also sent me an email advising me of a complimentary software update. The email does not mention this being a recall.
Bob, your GMC Sierra is due for a software update that must be performed at a dealership. This update will provide software improvements and optimize your vehicle for future over-the-air updates. Once completed, your vehicle will have up-to-date technology, including the latest infotainment features, performance enhancements and more.

This must have bled over from the issue/solution they found in the Colorado/Canyon battery drain software, good on them for rolling it out to others. I would try to time it up with a service since it's not a safety issue.

This must have bled over from the issue/solution they found in the Colorado/Canyon battery drain software, good on them for rolling it out to others. I would try to time it up with a service since it's not a safety issue.
I already had my truck in for the complimentary service and will be doing my own services going forward. I'll most likely just bring the truck in at some point to have this done.

I already had my truck in for the complimentary service and will be doing my own services going forward. I'll most likely just bring the truck in at some point to have this done.

I always did my own but then saw how much the Carfax reporting of service helps in value

FYI - My 24 Silverado ZR2 Bison, which wasn’t having any issues with battery drain or other issues the update was meant to correct, just had the latest software update at dealership. Unfortunately this immediately resulted in the entire infotainment center now needing to be replaced. When I say immediately, the infotainment center failed during their update. The quickest the part can be received by dealership is supposedly mid to late October. The dealership said Chevy has been having issues with their software updates as far as the unintended consequences of the update.

FYI - My 24 Silverado ZR2 Bison, which wasn’t having any issues with battery drain or other issues the update was meant to correct, just had the latest software update at dealership. Unfortunately this immediately resulted in the entire infotainment center now needing to be replaced. When I say immediately, the infotainment center failed during their update. The quickest the part can be received by dealership is supposedly mid to late October. The dealership said Chevy has been having issues with their software updates as far as the unintended consequences of the update.
Thanks for tbe heads up. Ill hold off on that update for now.

Back