Does off-road driving void the warranty?

That's a nice looking truck and it looks like you really had a great time.

One of my viewers commented recently that my truck wasn't an overland build because I didn't have winch and lift. So they'd probably say your truck can't to drive off road or at Moab.

Looks like you knew exactly what you were doing and I'm glad to see people using their trucks how they were intended and enjoying the heck out of it.
Thanks for sharing.

That's a nice looking truck and it looks like you really had a great time.

One of my viewers commented recently that my truck wasn't an overland build because I didn't have winch and lift. So they'd probably say your truck can't to drive off road or at Moab.

Looks like you knew exactly what you were doing and I'm glad to see people using their trucks how they were intended and enjoying the heck out of it.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, it has been a fun truck. In the 19 months since I bought in new, I've actually done a fair amount to it getting it ready for long haul camping trips. In just the past 12 months it has pulled the camper to both North and South borders. We went to Glacier National Park (and Canada), Big Bend this March, and most recently Moab, Utah. Its had a few smaller trips in between. It has towed my (25ft camper) over 9,000 miles so far. Love the truck!

I'm thinking an additional 2 inch lift above the current 1 inch factory lift would be nice. Legit lifts are not cheap though. Not sure what I'll do.

Mentioned the truck lift to my wife and she said, what if we just get a Rubicon to take for "off-roading" instead of using the truck. Hmm?

I will say, on Saturday we test drove a new 2024 4-door Rubicon X, with Extreme Recon (35" tires) and it was NICE! Driving both to future camping trips though, not ideal. Hmm??

Yeah we are just getting started with our build too. It's expensive and unless you have a money tree or you're Tim and can write it all off and sell it in a year, it takes time to do it right.

Last edited:
Back