Did you get to sit in the Ranger Tim?

I just watched your video of Ford's presentation or the Ranger. The seat cushions looked really thin. I wonder if they put in thinner, firmer cushions so they could get more headroom?
Sorry Dugg, I just saw this. Yup, sat in it and drove it for a few hours in total. You know how critical I can be about seats. I really did like them. I'll have to reserve final verdict when I get a chance to do a road trip. As of right now, I give them a thumbs up.

I was checking the specs and it seems the Ranger legroom in front is about an inch more in the Maverick but an inch less in the rear. I can’t believe that the leg room is so similar. Ford was making such a big deal about the cab being two inches wider and the wheelbase two inches longer but the space did not go to the interior space apparently.

I was checking the specs and it seems the Ranger legroom in front is about an inch more in the Maverick but an inch less in the rear. I can’t believe that the leg room is so similar. Ford was making such a big deal about the cab being two inches wider and the wheelbase two inches longer but the space did not go to the interior space apparently.

All the journalists I've seen that have sat in Rangers have said they feel like the most space in the midsize segment, measurements might not be telling the whole story.

The cabin isn’t any longer which is where you’d get the extra legroom.

All the journalists I've seen that have sat in Rangers have said they feel like the most space in the midsize segment, measurements might not be telling the whole story.
Now you got me thinking about which one has the most rear legroom. LOL. It is so hard to say since I haven’t sat in some of them for a few months. Maybe I’ll get a chance to do something on this next press loan I get. I can take that and go to a dealership with a variety of trucks.

Tim, watched your Ranger videos. Good job. One odd thing I noticed: Is it me or does the gap between the bed and tailgate look huge? Not sure if you noticed, but watching the video, especially the one with the engineer under the tent, it just kinda stood out. Of course, any gap sucks when hauling mulch or rocks but this one looked big enough to make sliding or rolling stuff in a PIA.

Also, I do lament the fact that the Lariat must have leather. Like you, there is nothing wrong with heated cloth seats. And I'm surprised no cooled seats in the luxury package, that's almost a necessity with leather in hot seasons. Oddly, Ford usually allows more optional configurations than others but here you are limited. Can't get keyless push button, smaller shifter, leather wheel, or the bigger gauge screen in an XLT either.

Tim, watched your Ranger videos. Good job. One odd thing I noticed: Is it me or does the gap between the bed and tailgate look huge? Not sure if you noticed, but watching the video, especially the one with the engineer under the tent, it just kinda stood out. Of course, any gap sucks when hauling mulch or rocks but this one looked big enough to make sliding or rolling stuff in a PIA.

Also, I do lament the fact that the Lariat must have leather. Like you, there is nothing wrong with heated cloth seats. And I'm surprised no cooled seats in the luxury package, that's almost a necessity with leather in hot seasons. Oddly, Ford usually allows more optional configurations than others but here you are limited. Can't get keyless push button, smaller shifter, leather wheel, or the bigger gauge screen in an XLT either.
Hmm... I didn't notice the gap being that much bigger.

Keyless push-button start is a great critique by many of you on the XLT. I noticed it, but I didn't make any big deal about it. I should have for sure. Of course once I do, the "I want a physical key" crowd will tear me a new one. LOL

Hmm... I didn't notice the gap being that much bigger.

Keyless push-button start is a great critique by many of you on the XLT. I noticed it, but I didn't make any big deal about it. I should have for sure. Of course once I do, the "I want a physical key" crowd will tear me a new one. LOL
They should have at least made it optional on the XLT with the tech package that gives the bigger center screen. They also failed with that smaller instrument panel on the XLT also. Wonder if they will switch to nothing but the larger one like GMC canyon did after the first MY?

Back