Did you get compensation for this?

Saddle Tramp

I always wondered if editors get some sort of royalty for their work when used by another site.

Tundra trade in woes by Jalopnik

Pickup Truck and SUV Talk spoke with an owner who tried to dump his Tundra for a 2024 GMC Sierra AT4X, but the dealer – Castle Automotive in McHenry, Illinois – turned down the deal.

They’re also required by law to fix all open recalls on certified pre-owned vehicles before selling them, according to Pickup Truck and SUV Talk.

Jalopnik did have links to the video and web page article embedded where I highlighted in the quotes,

Do you ever see an increase in viewership out of being cited. Jalopnik readers checking out the source?
Yes. This was our website traffic the day after the story went live and the day after. It is a nice bump.

There's also the marketing benefit as well of people learning about the brand for the first time. I've been really pushing hard on TikTok lately for that same reason.

What you hope for is people will read the work, respect it, want to learn more and then the daily traffic gets incrementally better. It is a long game.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 11.16.12 AM.png

Back