Dealership software hack

duggydo

I just saw this come across my Youtube feed. We've debated technology in cars on this forum before. This is a hack that appears to haven't taken down 15,000 dealerships. Hopefully it just disrupted the day to day business and didn't compromise personal and financial information of customers and employees. The CBS article says it also effected payroll. It seems like the dealerships have way too many eggs in one basket with that software.

It’s day 2 of the hack. I’m leading off the truck news recap with it. A few salespeople band reached out. A big PITA.

They've been covering the CDK hack on the Automotive News Daily Drive podcast. One of the dealers they interviewed discussed the difficulty of losing the system and trying to complete the sale the OG way with paper.

They've been covering the CDK hack on the Automotive News Daily Drive podcast. One of the dealers they interviewed discussed the difficulty of losing the system and trying to complete the sale the OG way with paper.
Thanks. I’ll give that one a listen.

Truck News Recap will be CDK hack, Stellantis 40% cuts for white collar, off-shoring engineering, Ford concerns over inventory. Then, there’s the Air Force Ford Super Duty diesels that have been deleted and a bunch of other small things. It should be a good one.

Thanks. I’ll give that one a listen.

Truck News Recap will be CDK hack, Stellantis 40% cuts for white collar, off-shoring engineering, Ford concerns over inventory. Then, there’s the Air Force Ford Super Duty diesels that have been deleted and a bunch of other small things. It should be a good one.
Air Force deleting Super Duty trucks? How's the saying go? Rules for thee but not for me?

Yup.

Military trucks need to be an exception. I got no issue with that them. Sometimes you need to pour whatever is available to get that vehicle moving. Besides, the few trucks like that that the military uses are nothing compared to the much larger Gov't fleet vehicles. And all of those are properly configured. That's like complaining how cop cars have no speed restrictions.

Military trucks need to be an exception. I got no issue with that them. Sometimes you need to pour whatever is available to get that vehicle moving. Besides, the few trucks like that that the military uses are nothing compared to the much larger Gov't fleet vehicles. And all of those are properly configured. That's like complaining how cop cars have no speed restrictions.
I just find it fascinating with our current leader in chief wanting all Gov't vehicles to be EV and then you have this.

I just find it fascinating with our current leader in chief wanting all Gov't vehicles to be EV and then you have this.
Oh hell, it's like back in the '80s when all our non-tactical vehicles were being pushed into NG or propane. We had those filling stations pop up everywhere. Then they figured out the advancements in gas engines were cheaper overall and right back to that. You always have to remember that the gov't is made up of average people, and sometimes, just like an average business, they make bone-headed decisions.

Back