Cummins settles for almost 2bil

I see we watched the same thing this morning. LOL. That was an interesting video and I know Howard personally. I could tell how not being told about the recall from the dealer was really aggravating to him. I don't know any dealer that would disclose that information frankly. I do know dealers are required to complete recalls before they sell a vehicle.

I commented on the video as well. It sure sounds to me like much ado about nothing. I mean, Elmer seems pretty pleased with this truck and now doesn't need to do anything about the recall. I do wonder what happens with the TFL series. They seem to have really jumped the gun now.
It's okay, they can still use the belching smoke graphic; append it to the Tacoma Roman and Andre drove cross country..."First on TFL! The Winner of the Super Slavic Cross Country Flatulence Test!"

It's okay, they can still use the belching smoke graphic; append it to the Tacoma Roman and Andre drove cross country..."First on TFL! The Winner of the Super Slavic Cross Country Flatulence Test!"
I have a question on that Tacoma trip since they are towing a trailer. Does that give anyone pause? I need to look up the 2024 Tacoma engine break-in procedure. Most times you don’t tow until after 500 miles.

I have a question on that Tacoma trip since they are towing a trailer. Does that give anyone pause? I need to look up the 2024 Tacoma engine break-in procedure. Most times you don’t tow until after 500 miles.

They said they were driving somewhere in Texas to pick up the trailer and then towing the rest of the way home with it. Until they post their next video I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they're getting close to that break-in before picking up the trailer.

I know they picked up the truck in Houston which is in the southern part of the state if they grab the trailer somewhere up north...

You are right about the towing, this is what i found
“To extend the life of the vehicle, observing the following precautions is recommended:●For the first 200 miles (300 km):Avoid sudden stops.●For the first 500 miles (800 km):Do not tow a trailer.●For the first 1000 miles (1600 km):• Do not drive at extremely high speeds.• Avoid sudden acceleration.• Do not drive continuously in low gears.• Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods.”
i also saw a section about towing a dinghy. Is Andre going to be towing Roman?

To a degree I get where you're coming from. However, if I put myself into the shoes of a RAM owner I would be really nervous over the last couple of months. Especially if like Howard I was trying to sell a RAM 2500. He looked up his VIN and saw his vehicle was recalled. Then, he later found out that the "fix" has already been done to his truck. He esentially found out he had been nervous for no reason and could get ZERO information on what the fix was.

I understand why he was irritated, I too would be.
The only way I would be upset is if there was something done that changed how the truck was spec'd and or advertised to me. The truck is now set-up the way every 2020 forward is. I'd be no more hesitant to buy his truck than any brand new one on the lot.

The one that got me was the Y43 recall Tim posted. The trucks were being recalled because some of them shipped completely without the PM or "soot" sensor installed. So, the trucks were built, shipped, and sold without a component but no owner was told. Then, when parts became available, the trucks were recalled to install it. That to me is much worse. You would think that they would let you know that would be happening in the future.

I find his response rather ridiculous. Does he expect that the manufacturer should detail every change to software code from the original design that has been done? If the same software change had been incorporated in the factory, prior to delivery to the dealer, it wouldn't even have a record of any "recall". Which is the exact case for many 2019 and the following MYs. Do we, as consumers, feel we deserve to know about every software or mechanical or design change that has been made from original serial# 001 to now?

When they change the software on the vehicle I own, yes. My confidence in software companies making good decisions is very low. It irritates the piss out of me when I pick up my truck and have to relearn the already annoying infotainment interface. I know this had nothing to do with the interface, but did affect performance. When I drop 2/3 of a year’s income on a vehicle, it is my vehicle, not the manufacturer’s.

It seems the automotive manufacturers are on a cannon ball run to stupid, and I am trying to avoid their post purchase stupidity.

When they change the software on the vehicle I own, yes. My confidence in software companies making good decisions is very low. It irritates the piss out of me when I pick up my truck and have to relearn the already annoying infotainment interface. I know this had nothing to do with the interface, but did affect performance. When I drop 2/3 of a year’s income on a vehicle, it is my vehicle, not the manufacturer’s.

It seems the automotive manufacturers are on a cannon ball run to stupid, and I am trying to avoid their post purchase stupidity.
Not the one you own, just the model. What may be a recall for sold versions, will get done in factory so it will not show as a "recall". The only way you would know is by software versions if they even gave that info out. Thankfully, it's not like computer or cell phone updates yet. Those seem to happen on a weekly.

Back