Changed my mind on buying new Tacoma

Why not the volume leader SR5 model and make tons of videos on how to make it into a better truck over time? It probably has what most people need for capability and nothing that they do not want...like a high price tag.

Why not the volume leader SR5 model and make tons of videos on how to make it into a better truck over time? It probably has what most people need for capability and nothing that they do not want...like a high price tag.
Good question. It is funny with volume models, sometimes people watch the heck out of those videos and most times they don’t. I think, with videos, people want to see what the most expensive one has to justify buying a lower trim. My guess.

Regardless, I really only have one chance to buy a Tacoma before another truck comes out. I mean if I bought a SR5 in the new year, I’d be a few months away from the hybrid Trailhunter coming out. I can’t afford to buy and sell that quickly considering sales tax by itself is $5k. The channel can’t financially cover $10k in sales tax in one year. The initial purchase video at best makes a few thousand. I’d have to do a lot of really big view videos to make that plan make sense.

I think the better plan is buy the Trailhunter then flip it for a new Ram 1500. I might have to buy two next year depending on timing and face that same $10k tax bill above, but I think I have better odds of breaking even initially with the newness of the Ram 1500.

Good question. It is funny with volume models, sometimes people watch the heck out of those videos and most times they don’t. I think, with videos, people want to see what the most expensive one has to justify buying a lower trim. My guess.

Regardless, I really only have one chance to buy a Tacoma before another truck comes out. I mean if I bought a SR5 in the new year, I’d be a few months away from the hybrid Trailhunter coming out. I can’t afford to buy and sell that quickly considering sales tax by itself is $5k. The channel can’t financially cover $10k in sales tax in one year. The initial purchase video at best makes a few thousand. I’d have to do a lot of really big view videos to make that plan make sense.

I think the better plan is buy the Trailhunter then flip it for a new Ram 1500. I might have to buy two next year depending on timing and face that same $10k tax bill above, but I think I have better odds of breaking even initially with the newness of the Ram 1500.
Oh sure!! NOW you consider buying a new RAM!!! I mean, just because they are going to finally update it since 2019!!
I can tell you, seeing a spec’d out version is key for me. I want to see the toys available and if I need those specific items. Want, yes - Need, no.
I am still trying to recover my senses after having access to a GMC Denali HD Platinum OMGCRAZY last year. The toys are nice but $83k made me sweat/cry.

Back